Bootable CD Disk Imaging with Sector-by-Sector backup?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Konata Izumi, Oct 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

I want to do a sector-by-sector backup of my harddisk using a bootable disk... any recommendations?

2. Boyfriend

Boyfriend Registered Member

I will use Active@ Boot Disk Creator (5.0.5) to create bootable CD/USB. I am already using bootable USB to back up my system drive.

3. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  4. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

Thank you, I'll check them :)

5. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

I do this all of the time using Drive Snapshot, because I want to backup all sectors including those not used by Windows so that I capture my entire Rollback Rx environment.

I like Drive Snapshot especially because it is one of the very few truly portable disk-imaging programs and therefor it will execute from wherever I place it (on my backup drive, flash drive, CD, etc.). Drive Snapshot accomplishes an all-sectors image by selecting its Maintenance Mode as shown below:

DS-MM.png

That said, be aware that unless you are using Rollback Rx (or another 'ISR' program) doing a sector-by-sector backup serves no purpose and doing so consumes more backup storage (and time) than a normal backup image (where only sectors used by Windows are backed up).

6. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Check out Ultimate Boot for DOS and Ultimate Boot for Windows.

7. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

You can create UBCD4Win plugins for Macrium Reflect,Paragon Backup & Recovery and Easeus Todo Backup along with others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.