Boot up corrupted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by alan2273, Dec 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alan2273

alan2273 Registered Member

I checked my latest image version 8 to look for a file I had lost.
    It created virtual drives to explore the image, and then I had to rush out so I shut my computer down(Win XP Home).
    Now every time I switch on I get this message
    {Acronis Loader Fatal Error: Boot Drive (partition) Not found}
    Press (ENTER) to try and boot your OS.

When I press enter it boots normally.
    I have been into the BIOS and tried failsafe defaults and optomised defaults, and no difference, I also uninstalled an entry in device manager that related to the virtual drive.

Also in the BIOS when you click on the boot order for the drives the choices have changed.

Can anyone help me to get this back to normal.

2. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Try an XP Restore point previous to when you had the problem.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello alan2273,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please boot your computer from Windows XP installation CD into Recovery Console and run "fixmbr" command in order to repair the MBR (Master Boot Record).

If that does not help, please click Start -> run, then type diskmgmt.msc and make a screen shot of the Disk Management window.

If you are not familiar with making screen shots, please read the below step-by-step instructions.

- Get to the window which you want to make a screen shot of;
    - Hit the (Alt+)PrintScreen button on your keyboard;
    - Run Paint usually available in Start\Programs\Accessories or another graphics application;
    - Choose Paste command in Edit menu;
    - Save the result picture with JPEG format being preferable.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

4. alan2273

alan2273 Registered Member

Thanks for your reply, I put the XP CD in and ran fixmbr and that did the job, once again thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.