boot problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sideliner2, Jul 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sideliner2

sideliner2 Registered Member

I have read the recently posted boot disk problems and will try to follow the suggestions. But to just make sure I don't have a different problem here goes:

Using ver 3677 TI 9, I can create a boot disk that contains the following:
    bootmenu
    bootwiz
    f11.cfg
    kernel
    mouse
    ramdisk
    splash.run
    When I boot from it all I get is black screen withe "Starting Acronis loader....."
    It never loads (waited over 1 hour).

Problem 2
    I cannot create a SZ. TI goes through the motions but no SZ. Tried with Recovery Manager Option and with out RM. Still no go. I have removed all IN CD but did not help. I have loaded Adobe Photoshop Element, Adobe Pro, Firefox, Thunderbird, WinPro, Trojan Hunter JV16, Norton SysWorks, Spybot S&D, Adaware Se, Acronis Disk Director, SynchBack, And Samsungs Synchmaster software (Magic Rotation etc.) nothing else. This computer is less than 30 days old so drives are clean. I have a SATA external connection and may revert to an external drive for backups. I have used TI for years and it has saved me more than once.

help if you can...

thanks sl2

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sideliner2,

Thank you for purchasing Acronis True Image

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

To fix could you please try to re-create your Acronis Bootable Media using a wizard and burn it on a new media. Then try to boot form it. If it will also fail please do the following (it will also help us to investigate the second issue):

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the 'Save' option in the 'File' menu (or 'Action' menu under Windows 2000), enter the 'File name' and set the field 'Save as type' to 'Version 5.0/6.0 System Information File (*.NFO)';
    - Send us (support@acronis.com) the saved file along with the link to this thread and Acronis Report (refer this post).

Thank you.
    --
    Fedor Kurbatov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.