Boot Menu Setting - possible bug.

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by ErikAlbert, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Dear FDISR-users,
    Has someone else this weird experience ? Be prepaired for a possible recovery of your choice.

1. Click Tools / Options / Boot Menu
    2. Unmark the option "Display hotkey and pause bar on boot splash screen"
    3. Click OK-button
    4. Reboot and you will see that the splash screen still appears, but without the F1-key and pause bar.

The normal procedure, to undo all this, is :
    1. Click Tools / Options / Boot Menu
    2. Mark the option "Display hotkey and pause bar on boot splash screen"
    3. Click OK-button
    4. Reboot and you will see that the splash screen still appears, but again without the F1-key and pause bar and that is NOT normal..

I couldn't get it right, so I simply restored my partition with ATI.
    (I'm testing another software that doesn't make it easy to test this again.)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  2. twhk000

twhk000 Registered Member

Hi Erik

Quite same with me as well...i just wanted to uninstall FDISR as i wanted to make fresh image...so that i can have it on DVD as having ATI universal Restore would provide a great advantage to install your images on other computers and see how the things work out...however after uninstalling the FDISR i had the Preboot screen showing up and FDISR notifying me that there has been errors while uninstall however i continued uninstalling and experienced exactly the same error what have had...adding on to that When i tried to disable Preboot screen it showed the error stating that some error occured and could not disable it...

Did you contact Raxco about this ...as i m gathing the log so that i can email them....if you found the solution pls let me know..

Knight

3. ErikAlbert

Your experience isn't the same as mine. I wasn't uninstalling FDISR or re-installing FDISR.
    You have to do exactly the same thing as described in my original post.
    My original post was more a question. I expected that other FDISR-users would try it also to confirm that it was true or not.
    I had no time to repeat the test, so I asked for confirmation, because this setting is hardly used.
    I got no reply until now, so my guess is that nobody is interested.
    As long I get no confirmation of this from other members, I don't report anything to Raxco. :)

4. L Bainbridge

L Bainbridge Registered Member

What happens after the splash screen? Nothing? or do you go to your previous 'active' snapshot.
    I think we've all seen this non F1 / nonpause bar screen when 'boot to snapshot' command is enacted within Windows.
    Is this the same thing but in a different guise?

5. ErikAlbert

You have to reboot via the Start-button, not FDISR. Such a reboot shows always the F1-key and pause bar, unless you change the setting.
    I changed the setting and the F1-key and pause bar disappeared, which was correct.
    After putting the setting back, the F1-key and pause bar didn't show up and that was wrong. But I didn't pay much attention, because I was busy with Anti-Executable.

Rebooting via FDISR never shows the F1-key and pause bar, because you ordered FDISR to boot in a specific snapshot.
    So all reboots in my test are reboots via the start-button.

I could be wrong, because I was working with different combinations. If I have the time I redo it myself in a normal situation, but not now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.