Boot Menu Setting - possible bug.

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by ErikAlbert, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Dear FDISR-users,
    Has someone else this weird experience ? Be prepaired for a possible recovery of your choice.

1. Click Tools / Options / Boot Menu
    2. Unmark the option "Display hotkey and pause bar on boot splash screen"
    3. Click OK-button
    4. Reboot and you will see that the splash screen still appears, but without the F1-key and pause bar.

The normal procedure, to undo all this, is :
    1. Click Tools / Options / Boot Menu
    2. Mark the option "Display hotkey and pause bar on boot splash screen"
    3. Click OK-button
    4. Reboot and you will see that the splash screen still appears, but again without the F1-key and pause bar and that is NOT normal..

I couldn't get it right, so I simply restored my partition with ATI.
    (I'm testing another software that doesn't make it easy to test this again.)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2006
  2. twhk000

twhk000 Registered Member

Hi Erik

Quite same with me as well...i just wanted to uninstall FDISR as i wanted to make fresh image...so that i can have it on DVD as having ATI universal Restore would provide a great advantage to install your images on other computers and see how the things work out...however after uninstalling the FDISR i had the Preboot screen showing up and FDISR notifying me that there has been errors while uninstall however i continued uninstalling and experienced exactly the same error what have had...adding on to that When i tried to disable Preboot screen it showed the error stating that some error occured and could not disable it...

Did you contact Raxco about this ...as i m gathing the log so that i can email them....if you found the solution pls let me know..

Knight

3. ErikAlbert

Your experience isn't the same as mine. I wasn't uninstalling FDISR or re-installing FDISR.
    You have to do exactly the same thing as described in my original post.
    My original post was more a question. I expected that other FDISR-users would try it also to confirm that it was true or not.
    I had no time to repeat the test, so I asked for confirmation, because this setting is hardly used.
    I got no reply until now, so my guess is that nobody is interested.
    As long I get no confirmation of this from other members, I don't report anything to Raxco. :)

4. L Bainbridge

L Bainbridge Registered Member

What happens after the splash screen? Nothing? or do you go to your previous 'active' snapshot.
    I think we've all seen this non F1 / nonpause bar screen when 'boot to snapshot' command is enacted within Windows.
    Is this the same thing but in a different guise?

5. ErikAlbert

You have to reboot via the Start-button, not FDISR. Such a reboot shows always the F1-key and pause bar, unless you change the setting.
    I changed the setting and the F1-key and pause bar disappeared, which was correct.
    After putting the setting back, the F1-key and pause bar didn't show up and that was wrong. But I didn't pay much attention, because I was busy with Anti-Executable.

Rebooting via FDISR never shows the F1-key and pause bar, because you ordered FDISR to boot in a specific snapshot.
    So all reboots in my test are reboots via the start-button.

I could be wrong, because I was working with different combinations. If I have the time I redo it myself in a normal situation, but not now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.