Boot Media Problem - Unable to load Linux Kernel

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Louiep, Jun 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louiep

Louiep Registered Member

I am trying to load the rescue boot media and am receiving the error message: "Unable to load Linux kernel. Press Enter to reboot". I tried the boot media on my laptop and it works fine. Please advise if you can. Thanks!

2. Louiep

Louiep Registered Member

Do I need to post more info? I have read other threads on this and I was expecting a support agent to offer me an functional .iso that I can burn. What do I need to do to get a boot disk that will work? I am using the trial version of True Image 2009. I am definitely not going to buy it for my three computers if the boot media it creates will not work with some of my systems. Please help. Thanks much. Louis.

3. snifferpro

snifferpro Registered Member

When you created the Rescue media, did you create an iso?

The best way to create Rescue media is to create a bootable CD/DVD -
    not an ISO.

4. Louiep

Louiep Registered Member

Yes I created an iso and burned it to a cd. The cd works fine on my laptop. It seems there is some sort of hardware conflict. From other threads, it looks like the support team can provide a good iso. I am just not sure how to get their attention. Live chat is unavailable on the website because my trial activation is not showing up. I entered my email address when I installed the trial, but their support site says that a valid registration cannot be found. I am not getting off to a good start with Acronis. I hope they change my mind soon...

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Louiep and snifferpro,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image

Louiep, I am sending an ISO file to you via PM.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

6. commuter676

commuter676 Registered Member

Hi,
    I have a similar problem, the "linux kernel" loading problem.

I own several laptops:
    qty 2 celeron Acer Inspirons,
    qty 3 Acer Aspire One ao150 8.9" netbooks,
    qty 1 Toshiba satellite Notebooks,
    And acronis True image 2009, TrueImage.exe file version # 12.0.0.9709
    works like a dreambooting from a USB thumb drive, no problems whatsoever.

I just purchas an Acer Aspire One ao751, 11.6" netbook, and cannot get Acronis True Image to work properly.
    I tried to use a usb key,using "HP" usb thumb drive format utility to make the thumb drive,same one that worked on all the others,
    Then I used the CDrom that came inthe TI2009 box from Acronis,
    both thumb drive acted in identcal manner.
    The thumb drive had both full, and safe mode versions of ti2009 on the thumb drive.

both would boot to version selection screen (safe mode or full ti2009 selection screen),
    if i selected the full version, the software changed screens as it were loading the software, then after a minute or so, it would end up at the "unable to load linux kernel" screen, and i would have to reboot.

if i selected the "safe" mode of ti2009, the software would start, but when i would start the backup process, no other drives other than the mian drive would show up.
    I connect a 500GB usb HD to the computer, and it is seen and used as backup drive on my other machines, but it is not seen at all on the new ao751 acer under safe mode. under the safe mode it does start, thumb drive or cd booted, bu at least the safe mode did start.

ti2009 works like a charm on the other machines, but not on the ao751.
    keep in mind that the cd i tried to boot, was the ti2009 distribution disk from the box, not some image i created.

Can anyone possibly shed some light on my problem.

regards,
    commuter676

7. Acronis Support

Hello commuter676,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

Please send us your serial number for Acronis True Image Home 2009 via PM so we can provide you ISO image of Acronis bootable disc which will solve the issue.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

8. teatime

teatime Registered Member

Hello~
    I just tried to install the trial version of True Image Home 2009(Chinese Traditional) on my new Aspire One AO751H. I can do the backup image well, but I can't restore the image to system C: from win XP home directly, get the bootable agent failed.
    And when I tried to create the bootable CD, I also got the "Unable to load Linux kernel, . Press Enter to reboot" message...
    Which version of True Image Home 2009(even English version is O.K.) will work well on Aspire One AO751H??
    Or where Can I get the workable Rescue CD ISOo_O

Thank you very much!!

9. Acronis Support

Hello teatime,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

Please download ISO image from your account under Registered Products and create Acronis bootable disc using third-party software. ISO image is based on different loader which has more embedded drivers, it will certainly solve the issue you experience. If not please let us know.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.