Boot manager problem

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Atomas31, Jun 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

I just got my new PC with a motherboard Asus P8 Z77-v LX with two discs : 1 HDD Western Digital (1TB) and 1 SSD intel 520 (60gb) wich I want to use with the intel SRT...

Since I want to reinstall my FD-ISR, when installing Windows 7 familly edition, I make sure that there wasn't the 100Mb partition that windows 7 create.

Everything seems good except I can't use SRT or reinstall any software that need to install into MBR without being unable afterward to enter into windows and receiving the message ''bootmgr is missing''. What I see in my disk management is that I have windows 7 (C:) on my HDD and nothing on my SSD cache (B:)... The problem appears to be that my system start from my ATAPI iHAS124 C (D:)?!?!?

I tried a repair and I could only see my Windows 7 (D:) (wich is associated with my ATAPI iHAS124 C)?!?!? and if I open the command console, I see : X:\sources (what is that X drive and where did it come from?).

I don't know what goes wrong with my installation (wich I tried a few times ;-) but now, how do I make my D (associates with my DVD reader - ATAPI iHAS124 C) become my C (associated with my HDD western Digital) and how can I integrated the X drive to my Co_O?

For some reasons, I believe that the invisible x drive contains the MBR...

Thanks,

2. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

After further investigation, it appears that the boots have been place on my drive B (SSD) and the rest on my C (HDD)...

Is there a way to merge what is on B to what is on C?

Thanks,

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.