Boot CDROM does not find local Sata Drive

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by bmak, May 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmak

bmak Registered Member

Hi,

I have been trying to use the Acronis boot cdrom with Disk Director 10 in order to change the partitions on a new Dell Optiplex 745.

The cdrom boot OK but when I choose Acronis Disk Director it responds telling me that it was unable to fuind the local drive (the SATA drive).

Is there a driver problem with the CDROM which stops it seeing Sata Drives?

I have used Part's PE and it sees the drive without problems. Can Acronis Disk Director be incorporated as a plug-in into Bart's PE boot disk in the same way as Partition Magic?

Tanks

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

bmak:

Yes, it can. Go to forum member Mustang's site and download his plug-in for Disk Director and you'll be in business.

Another suggestion is to try the so-called "safe" mode on the boot disk. If your SATA drive is recognized by the PC's BIOS, then safe mode should be able to see it. The "full" mode relies on having the correct drivers in its Linux boot environment, and if you have newer hardware then the proper driver may not be present.

Either way, "safe" mode or using BartPE with the DD10 plug-in should work for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.