Boot CD Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by steve33, Dec 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve33

steve33 Registered Member

Acronis working well on my system- I have backed up and restored successfully. However, when I create a bootable CD it comes up on boot but can't find my SATA drives. To do my restore I had to install WIN XP and Acronis on my backup HD. Is there a problem with SATA? Any suggestions?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello steve33,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let me know what version and the build number of Acronis software you use? Please make sure that your bootable cd has been creates with the latest build.

Please also try the "acpi=off noapic" workaround and if it doesn't help please create the sysinfo.txt file (please see Acronis Help Post for the instructions) and send it to Acronis Support along with the link to this thread. We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

3. richard.scoop

richard.scoop Registered Member

Hi,
    I have the same problem. I am using True Image 9.0 build 2323. The funny thing is that it does detect my usb drive but not the sata. If I boot using BartPE, the drive is available. Therefore I would like to be able to have the BartPE plugin.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello richard.scoop,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform that a Bart PE plug-in for Acronis True Image 9.0 is not released yet. However it is expected to be released in the nearest future but the exact time-frame for that is not decided yet.

If you have already tried the "acpi=off noapic" workaround mentioned above and the problem still persists, please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.
    Please also do the following:
    - Download Acronis Report utility;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send us the report.txt file from the floppy disk.
    This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Please create an account, then log in and submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. Please also provide the information confirming your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.)

We will do our best in order to resolve the problem under consideration as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.