Boot CD doesn't recognize external hard drive

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by davron94, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davron94

davron94 Registered Member

Hello all! I am totally new to this forum and in need of some help. Using Paragon Hard Disc Manager, I have my C and D drives backed up as archives on an external hard drive (WD My Book). I am trying to replace the internal HD with a larger capacity one. When using the boot CD made from the hard disc manager, after installing the new internal hard drive, it does not recognize the external hard drive (My Book) where the recovery files are located. Does anyone know how to make it recognize the drive so I can pull the files to be installed on the new internal drive?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

thanks,

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Hi Davron,

Does Bios recognise the external HD?

If it does,

You might try booting your Vista/7 dvd to system recovery options and see if that recognizes it.

3. davron94

davron94 Registered Member

Bios does recognize the external hard drive. I'm not sure what you mean by the Vista/7 DVD. I'm using XP. but what I am reading in the forums is that the recovery boot CD that is created by Paragon HDM doesn't recognize USB ports. Any validity to that? One guy said just to go into the options tab and hit refresh to have it locate the external drive. I think I will call Paragon to find out for sure before digging in to my computer again.

4. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

The boot CD does support USB devices in normal mode. Worth a try with the WinPE CD, found in your account page.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.