Boot CD creation not bootable TI9 2302

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jsoup, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsoup

jsoup Registered Member

Up Grade from TI8 all was working fine before. Uninstall and reinstalled twice

CD root
    I:\Recovery Manager Folder

No hidden fills or any other files

Under folder
    bootmenu.exe
    bootwiz.sys
    f11.cfg
    kernel.dat
    mouse.com
    ramdisk.dat
    splash.run

Yes, I can make Dos Boot CD

see posting of other issues.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jsoup,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please provide me with the more detailed information on the problem?

- Clarify whether you can not create Bootable Rescue CD using build 2302 of Acronis True Image 9.0 or boot from the already created disc;

- Have you received any error messages? What exact error messages? When exactly you receive them?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step;

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

3. jsoup

jsoup Registered Member

TI9 CD Does not boot.
    From the already created TI8 boot CD, it boot fine, but not from created TI9 boot CD.

I don’t think it’s related but.

Other TI9 error
    Archive bit not removed
    MSG “The disk contains unsupported structure” Silicon Image sil 3112 SATAlink controller. PCI Slot 6 (PCI bus 1, device 9, function 0) for IDE, 160G drive, three partition, Dynamic drive, no drive letter,

Disk Director 10. Bought when I upgrade to TI9
    Silicon Image sil 3112 SATAlink controller. PCI Slot 6 (PCI bus 1, device 9, function 0) for IDE, 160G drive, three partition, Dynamic drive, no drive letter

4. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

Hi jsoup,

On the subject of your other TI9 error. I think the clue is in the reference to "Dynamic drive".

ATI9 and DD10 do not support Dynamic disks.:cool:

5. jsoup

jsoup Registered Member

Re: Boot CD creation under TI9 2302 not bootable. TI8 works

For ME TI9 Is just not doing what I expected.
    No VALUE IN upgrading from TI8 to 9. Don't buy an upgrade if you have TI8.
    I like my money back for the up grade.
    Others have said the same thing. That TI9 is of no value if you have TI8.

With 20 year in IT from hardware to software I can says that TI9 is not better then TI8.
    I have uninstalled TI9 and reinstall TI8 only, and it work just fine including the Creating a Boot CD.
    Support has not evaluated the issue properly. "Dynamic drive" is not the Issue for or a reason for the CD not booting. In TI8 the Same "Dynamic drive" issues are seen, but it has no effect for the CDRW creation or booting since it not on the same controller.

The only thing I can’t do with the "Dynamic drives" is image them. So it not a problem since I use a Backup software to protect and manage the data.

Disk Director 10 I have no complaints yet. In fact I have used it to recover data from an old SCIS drive. I have not compared DD9 to DD10 because I did not upgrade.

6. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

Hope it's not too late for you to get your money back.

Just to clarify: In this thread, "support" has said nothing about dynamic drives or evaluated anything other than your initial post and found it lacking in sufficient detail to help you.

7. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

You could use the wisdom gained during those 20 years of IT experience to offer Acronis support the answers to their questions so that they could help you. I think you will find it more effective than negative editorialization in regards to the software. You can even use their website and get yourself a support case # if you feel the forum is inadequate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.