Boot capsule hidden partition

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by Anderson2, Jul 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anderson2

Anderson2 Registered Member

I am running W7 Home premium 64 bit on which I have installed Paragon Backup & Restore 10.2 Free 64 bit.

Whenever I reboot my PC I get a brief message about clicking "F6 to enter the Paragon ......". I assume this is to access the "Boot capsule hidden partition".

I have heard there can be problems using this because under certain conditions it can hose the partition table. I therefore want to get rid of it. I therefore opened Paragon 10.2, clicked on Manage Backup capsule and got a popup that said it did not have one or could not access it.

How do I get rid of the bootup F6 Paragon message?

Thank you.
    Capture.GIF

2. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Do the following:
    * right-click your Hard Disk and select 'update MBR' ,
    * apply changes
    The message tom press F6 will disappear.

Then make sure that Backup Capsule is deleted:
    * search for Backup Capsule light-green partition. If it is not present, you don't need to do anything else.
    Otherwise, right-click Backup Capsule partition and select Delete. Apply changes. and it will be removed.

3. Anderson2

Thanks for replying.
    I checked and there is no Backup Capsule light green partition. So that is not a problem
    Rather scared to update the MBR is case that makes the system unbootable. Are you sure?

4. Anderson2

Anyone else think it is safe to update the MBR?

5. Anderson2

Thank you Mech an. I put my courage in my 2 hands and did as you say. Boots up fine and without the F6.

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.