Boot Agent not getting an IP

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by jporter, Jan 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jporter

jporter Registered Member

When I use the Snap Deploy Boot Cd, It does not get an IP from DHCP. The computer gets one fine in XP and PXE. Anyway to set this manually?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jporter,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Complete System Deployment Software.

IP address can be specified by doing the following:

- Boot from Acronis Snap Deploy Agent bootable CD;
    - Once you get the menu where you are prompted to select which component to launch (Acronis Snap Deploy Agent, Windows etc.) press F11
    - After getting the parameters window where there is the "quiet" parameter already specified, please add the ip-adress at the end of the string:

quiet ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

- Press OK and select the Acronis Snap Deploy Agent component.

After Acronis Snap Deploy starts it should receive the IP-adress you have specified.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. jporter

jporter Registered Member

Thank you, that worked great. I deployed on two different desktops and one laptop so far.

4. Acronis Support

Hello jporter,

I'm glad to hear that your question has been answered.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. Daniel NUNEZ

Daniel NUNEZ Registered Member

Ok guys thats a good solution...but o_O if I have 200 PC's should I enter one by one each IP address by pressing first F11 o_O That's not serious :ouch:

If it's possible to modify the acronis agent from the console to take automatically all the free IP Addresses delivered by the DHCP ??

Please Help...o_O

6. Acronis Support

Hello Daniel,

Please be aware that this solution is intended for cases when your Acronis Snap Deploy Agents do not get their IP addresses from the DHCP server automatically.

If you are exepriencing similar issues with the big number of agents then please submit a request for technical support. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

7. theles

theles Registered Member

Hi there.

I'm have the same problem, but for a different reason. Where I work, the network use static ip. So, is there any way to set up the ip for the bootable agent media? Or only by setting through F11?

Thx
    Theles

8. theles

theles Registered Member

Hi again!

Well, I'm even stuck with another problem. The netmask used here is 255.255.255.0 and I couldn't set this subnet for the agent, I've try ip=x.x.x.x/24 ip=x.x.x.x 255.255.255.0, ip=x.x.x.x netmask=255.255.255.0, ip=x.x.x.x subnet=255.255.255.0 and none have worked.

help plz!
    thx
    Theles

9. Acronis Support

Hello theles,

In order to specify the network parameters manually, please boot each computer you want to deploy from the Acronis Snap Deploy Agent CD and hit F11 key when the boot menu appears. As you get Linux Kernel Settings prompt, please add quiet if=eth0 ip=x.x.x.x dns=x.x.x.x gw=x.x.x.x mask=x.x.x.x (provide the IP) parameter to the end of the Linux kernel command line and click OK. Then continue operation as usual.

If it does not help then please submit a request for technical support. Provide us with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread in your request. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

10. MCF-Shannon

MCF-Shannon Registered Member

Hi,
    I would like to re-configure the Snap Deploy agent. So, when hitting F11, instead of seeing 'quiet' you see 'quiet if=eth0 ip=x.x.x.x dns=x.x.x.x gw=x.x.x.x mask=x.x.x.x where the x's are obviously replaced with relevant IP numbers.

I am attempting to deply to an HP xw4200 with PIX-2.1. The Acronis Boot Menu loads however whever option I choose gets a Windows assigned IP (169.xxx.xxx.xxx).

Manually entering this information is inconvienent the first time. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Shannon

11. Acronis Support

Hello Shannon,

Please be aware that in case you have a DHCP server in your network then it is not necessary to set the network parameters using the above-mentioned way.

I'm afraid that it will be not possible to re-configure Acronis Snap Deploy Agent. Please submit a request for technical support and provide the link to this thread in your request. We will try to provide you with a possible solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.