Bodhi Linux 2 --- 64 bit

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by vasa1, May 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

2. moontan

moontan Registered Member

i certainly am gonna give the 2.0 a try when it's Final.

Bodhi and the last Linux Mint are the best Linux experience i've had so far.

3. MidnightCowboy

MidnightCowboy Registered Member

Couldn't agree more so long as we're talking Cinnamon Mint. I'd also add Mageia to my list if only it would recognize my mobile broadband. Another that impressed me recently was Solus OS and I can understand why it went into the top ten (last 30 days) at DistroWatch.

http://solusos.com/

x64 release is now out too. Try it, you won't be disappointed :)

4. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

Greetings to the one who "Knows nothing and cares even less from South American Banana Republic, third bunch from the left" :thumb:

5. MidnightCowboy

Thanks! :)

I don't pretend to be a power user for any OS but I do know what I like and Mint Cinnamon and Solus are right at the top of the list.

6. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

I first read about Solus @ TSA but haven't yet tried it. I don't know how the Bodhi guy managed to combine lightness and elegance. There was one mode in which the mouse cursor seemed to anticipate where the next click would be and slide over there.

7. MidnightCowboy

I too experienced the wandering mouse syndrome but put it down to a bug rather than any form of telepathy. :D

IMO the amount of Linux distros at the moment is overkill, even for those who are keen enough to keep following the releases. Gnome3 was also the best thing to happen for Windows since XP was released. Luckily Cinnamon has now reversed this issue even though in development terms it's still in its early stages. Through it all though there will always be room for folks to settle with "their" own niche distro which of course is the beauty of the beast. Every now and then something just that bit special comes along and Bodhi's implementation of E17 (for me at least) was one of them. Unless it starts breaking with updates or something else happens though, I will need some persuading away from Mint. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.