BOClean=)

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Mr.Blaze, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

=)I love my Bo clean snugle snugle i only have a few minor sugestions.

=)Real simple ones.

1.On the part where it says custom warning typ in location of file you whish to be warnd with.

There shouold be a browse button next to that option so you can locate file.

last and final thing an option that lets you disable start up bo clean on start up.

Reason us gate way owners runing windows me have a scandisk for errors that starts up on every inproper shut dowen which happens alot ifyou have aol 7.0 you tend to lock up often.

the scan disk wil never let you finish because boclean is constantly runing in the back grond on start up.

a warning to newbys defraging shut dowen BOCLEAN befor scan disking and defraging otherwise it will never finish.

thats it other then that its absoulutly perfect i love it=)

2. Nancy_McAleavey

Nancy_McAleavey Expert Member

:D

Our aim in designing BOClean is to keep it as small and unobtrusive as possible, using next to no system resources so that it can be run at all times on any system. Added features make BOClean bigger, but we're going to look into adding that "Browse" button.

For a scandisk or optimize operation on a normal basis, all you need to do (assuming that the machine is up and running) is to doubleclick on the BOClean traybar icon to make the button panel appear. That will stop it from scanning while you do those kind of operations.

I'm just curious though as to what antivirus you're running since BOClean DOES NOT WRITE to the disk. We've had a few reports of antiviruses writing to their own spaces though because BOClean is scanning the registry for new entries each time BOClean flashes (usually every ten seconds) and thus the antivirus is actually the culprit. Scandisk and Defrag will only reset if a
    WRITE operation occurs, and BOClean doesn't perform any writes unless a trojan is detected ...

For now though, the little trick with opening BOClean's button menu and letting it sit there until you're done should solve the problem for now - the menu will sit on the screen reminding you to close it as soon as you're done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.