BOClean Version 4.20

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Imagetriangle, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin McAleavey

Kevin McAleavey Security Expert

There are oh so many NEW hiding places (THANK YOU Microsoft for all of those four year old resurrected security holes PLUS new places to hide them in) which needed to be added to HARD BOClean code (rather than previous "well, let's have a peek") but in general, BOClean *should* be running faster than before owing to the consolidation of all those "various" ... my suspicion is that as before, we've got some bad rootkitting slowing things down and the only reason that it might not have been noted before is that we're peeking and poking in places that are confusing someone else. I offer the "Process Guard/NOD32" reality in "BOClean is killing my CPU time with spikes" silliness.

But yeah, startup does a WHOLE raft more things than it did in earlier versions, trying to snapshot "virgin" views of the system in case ANYTHING anywhere changes. Didn't have to do as MUCH of it as we used to. But there's an ADVANTAGE to this startup phenom. We're doing a papparazzi on everything. And that means that it won't have to be done again once you're GOING ... so long as things don't CHANGE ...

The MAJOR effort in 4.20 was to get that CPU time down, as well as what had to be REchecked in order to reduce the "spikes" ... "up front" was the cost of the solution, SO much more info to gather ... up front. :(

2. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Hmmm...sounds like an employment opportunity for SpongeBob and Patrick...alright fellows now keep that phone box dry at all costs.

Sorry, Off topic. I just could not help myself...:D

3. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

Just making an initial observation in my previous post, feedback is always a good thing IMO. Apps never behave the same in beta versus being out in the wild. I'd say 4.20 added 3-5 seconds onto boot and 1-1.5 seconds onto apps opening... enough to feel a bit intrusive.

Laptop is rootkit free and uncompromised.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2005
  4. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

Hello, installing handy enough! I presume decode file is for recycle bin. :rolleyes:
    Six hours from request email to delivery.
    I also thought BOClean was a bit slower to appear on start-up. My first thoughts were that it was because it was new and first time out of the box.:D Not techy enough to comment on other concerns discussed.

5. jjm107

jjm107 Registered Member

I Purchased Boclean In January Of 05 Purchased The Extented Download Option But I try To lAccess My account It Tells Me My Order # Cannot Be Found !!
    Already Emailed Upgrade waiting for the newer version Stuck On 4.12.001o_O

6. mercurie

Welcome to Wilders jjm107.

I sent for mine yesterday evening. Be cool it will come. I am using 4.12.002 too. On the job and working fine. We are lucky we will get the new build 4.20.002 I think. ;)

7. jjm107

jjm107 Registered Member

Just Received The update File Thank You Nancy

:cool:

8. jjm107

jjm107 Registered Member

Installed update Getting version 4.20... is this Correct. Not Showing .002 Also noticed File that was sent was .001 Should auto Update Install Newer version

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  9. muf

muf Registered Member

Try resizing the menu. Open the BOClean menu by right clicking the system tray icon. Now hover the mouse pointer over the right hand edge of the BOClean menu and you will get a double arrow. Use the left mouse button by holding it down while you drag to the right and this should enlarge the width of the munu until you can read all the version number at the top.

muf

10. jjm107

jjm107 Registered Member

Thank You Muf Did as you advised It Is showing as v.002

11. jack b

jack b Registered Member

The encoded file attached to your email name stays .001 even for the newer 4.20.002 version.
    I thought I got the wrong one too, till I ran the installer and lo, 4.20.002 installed.
    It's a bit confusing with it like that.

12. roddy32

roddy32 Security Expert

For anyone else that is/was confused on the e-mail still saying .001 (Me included at first), if you look at the very bottom of the e-mail is says. "BUILD: BOClean 4.20.002". I also used the same decoder for the .002 that I did for the .001 and it worked fine. :)

I also received an e-mail from Nancy saying it is a zoo there so if anybody has not received the newest build, please be patient, they are on the way.

13. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Yeah! it sure must be a zoo there since it has been more than 4 days (and 3 emails) that I am waiting for the new version (4.20)!!!!

14. Nancy_McAleavey

Nancy_McAleavey Expert Member

If it's been that long I'd check that the emails sent weren't blocked. As of 7PM ET (00 GMT) all the requests I had at that time had been sent.

15. Nancy_McAleavey

Nancy_McAleavey Expert Member

I changed it. Every request from now on gets an "002" file. It works with the decoder as easily as the "001"s did. :)

16. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi Nancy,

I have just send my fourth email in the last 4 days! Hope I will receive the new version 4.20.002...

Thanks,
    Atomas31

17. mercurie

All,
    My emails came through yesterday. I did as instructed. Everything is doing just fine. I am running build 002.

Thank you Nancy. ;)

18. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Wow, what a quick response to my upgrade request! 4.20 looks great, and I, like many others I'm sure, am looking forward to what 5.00 will bring!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.