BoClean problem?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by pugmug, Oct 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

What is the problem with the new 422 ver. It loads and would update fine until an hour ago. Now as it updates the icon turned red and when I put the mouse pointer on it the icon disappears. Any other people have this happen?

2. Kevin McAleavey

Kevin McAleavey Security Expert

Actually, it's a piracy problem ... am tied up in the lab working on the update, so I'll repeat what I'd explained earlier elsewhere ...

My apologies to anyone affected by this situation, we really had no choice in the matter. Read on and try to understand OUR situation ...

The original "001 build" of 4.22 was replaced with an "002 build" a day or two after the original release. Notifications went out to all who received notifications of the original that the "002 build" was available. Notification of upgrades and updates are voluntary when you install BOClean and write to us deliberately "opting in" for these. If you don't, we assume you want to be left alone and honor that and follow up on us in numerous places such as here where the notification of the 002 build was present and offered at no charge as a replacement for the original which had some problems.

About a week ago, copies of the BOClean 4.22.001 build were put out by pirates on all the file-sharing networks and usenet newsgroups. Over 27,000 pirated copies of BOClean were downloaded that we know of. During this period of time, zero sales here. We HAD to stop it. Today's update deactivated the 001 build since we weren't aware of any legitimate customers who still had it. We're disappointed indeed to hear that there are still some legitimate customers who still have an inferior build.

Send an email to upgrade@nsclean.com with your original info, and they'll be happy to send you the unpirated 002 build ... sorry about this ... but if you want to be upset with anyone, you might think about the people who gleefully stole BOClean and then put it up on all the file sharing services. THEY'RE the ones who screwed us all.

Nancy's getting some sleep right now, she'll be back handing out upgrades as soon as she's gotten 8 hours. T'was a long night since 4.20 and 4.21 expired as well and there were quite a few people still using those.

3. Anim8

Anim8 Registered Member

I was just about to ask the same thing as boclean was shutting down as well, and could not work out why. Now I know. Also where do I sign up to know about updates. Thanks

EDIT: emailed :)

4. Kevin McAleavey

Kevin McAleavey Security Expert

Once again, my apologies to those affected, BOClean went and killed itself before it could serve up a notification since the only option we had for "DRM" (since we don't phone home, do serial numbers, "we know where you live" type stuff) was to declare that build which went out to a VERY small number of people before we started sending 4.22.002 "malware." We DID notify in all of the usual places (plus email notifications for those who chose to receive them) of the 002 and "better get it, there were reported problems with 001" and as best as we could tell with our (deliberately) limited data on who got what, we had surmised that all of the "early adopters" who had come to us in the first days would have gotten 002 as soon as it was available based on that "logic."

As best as we could tell, only the "pirates" were using the 001 build and so we "fired the bullet" on it. Nancy should be vertical again soon after an 18 hour day last night and will start chugging away at those requests. Unfortunately, I'm willing to bet that we're getting clogged up there with requests from folks who already have 002 so it will take a wee while to catch up.

Something that MIGHT help folks move to the head of the line is a subject line in the email to upgrade@nsclean.com with "My 001 build died" ... that might help sort things faster for those who TRULY "need it now."

5. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

Thanks for the info.I just sent my email for the 002 build. I hope it gets here asap as I feel naked without BoClean running,lol.

6. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

I have some clothes which i can send you, here i don't need them. Summertime 32 celcius :cool:

7. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

geez me 2 wouldnt be the easiest thing to combat piracy what if ppl get hold of new build that mean update again?? why no auto updates wouldnt that save heaps of manual labour? ! MD

8. pugmug

pugmug Registered Member

I want to thank Kevin,Nancy and the rest of the BoClean crew.The 002 build came quick and installed,updates and runs even better than the 001 build. It uses less memory, Bocore-1100K, Bo422-8866K and 1% cpu usage when it scans. Great job people from a happy customer. ps.Tommy,I don't feel naked any longer but when you send me what you have to ware be sure not to check the pockets for money.lol.

9. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

As always just that top of the line customer service again...;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.