BOClean message from PSC

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by FanJ, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I have deleted my original posting here.

My own trust in PSC is still the same as it was:
    I really absolutely do trust PSC !!!
    Kevin and Nancy have ALWAYS been very kind and very helpfull !
    Their support is absolutely great !!!
    I will keep using their programs (not any doubt in my mind about that), just like I use the programs of other companies.
    I have also bought in the past some copies of BOClean for the computers of some friends/family who don't have any knowledge about how to secure their PC. I will keep going on to advice them to use it on those PC's.

I really do regret that there were so much pirated copies going around on the internet. It's really very sad to see that happening.

2. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

lol i think every one know what boclean did and how they handled it was a good way compare to some of the other evill ways that companys are handleing this sort of thing.

by the way how many of you guys are windows xp lol

wow lots of hands guess what lol windows xp has simmilar protection and yet you all use it lol

so anybody with common since or at least a day to think about it will usealy come to same conclustion.

my fave company just like tds and hope to be soon nod do the right thing to insure there survival.

see the way i look at it i just goten my boclean and if a group of piraters pirate my fave software so much so that it will close the company that would suck

where does that leave me the guy who bought great software

only cause a bunch of thifs dont care about the company or me.

boclean did the right thing other wise id be left with out boclean cause some leach monkeys who dont care want to steal from me by closeing my fave software company into total bankruptcy.

remeber that when you guys jump the gun i notice many at companys are willing to mud sling just to try to get more people to switch but whats that say about them.

any company that has to resort to such tactics to increase there profit margine is just sad i compare them to polititions lol

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Kevin and Nancy are very supportive and the users do get a lot more than they bargained for in that respect, after sales service is a big deal and thats a great thing ! :) We strive to be as supportive as possible for that exact reason, you cant run a business without the customers.

I think JPM you raise the most important point, I hadn't thought of that at all. But if there were some users that had this happen, and they were left unprotected.. :'(

And what if those users were very new users and possibly didn't even realise BOClean was dead ? If thats possible, I dont know the situation fully. However the above scenario is something to avoid at all costs..

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

I have to say that I don't understand all the complaints.

EVERY user of BOClean has the option to get update-notifications from PSC.
    You will then get an email EVERY time there are new definitions for BOClean.
    If you would indeed have subscripted for those notifications, you would have got the same message from Nancy as posted as first posting in this thread.
    What is there to complain ?
    I completely don't understand why someone would NOT subscribe to those emails.
    It is your AT !!! Is that not important enough to subscribe to those notifications?
    Does the user not also have some responsibility for his/her own computer-security?

About a year ago there were already postings at several boards that there was version 4.10.004 of BOClean.
    That was in the time that there was an issue about the new "Fast Hook" option in BOClean.
    PSC released in short time several new versions to fix it.

1-
    Do a search on this board, same forum section, and you will find a posting from Nancy from August 01, 2002
    about release 003.
    2-
    In that time the "official" PSC-forum was at Becky's forum.
    I am absolutely sure that there were postings in that time at Becky's about it.
    Alas, Becky's forum has gone off the air.
    3-
    I am absolutely sure that there were postings at the GRC-Security-Software-forum in that time about release .004.
    If someone feels the need to do so, try to find them in the GRC archives (I have not searched).

I have completely trust in PSC, in Nancy and Kevin !!!
    They have a GREAT company; just like for example DiamondCS a great company is.

Am I biased? Maybe....
    Because I don't want to see this very fine company destroyed !!!!!

And for the record:
    I am a registred user of:
    BOClean, TDS-3, TrojanHunter, The Cleaner, Tauscan, PestPatrol.
    And yes: I payed for ALL of them.

Best regards, Jan.

5. JPM

JPM Registered Member

I do want to say that I too register and pay for software I use and I support the companies that provide said software. I am patient but still as of this time have not received a reply from PSC, it has now been 2 days, so I am still without BOCLean. However being that I also am a registered user of TDS-3 I am not completely unprotected :) Which remineds me I will have to send DiamondCS my updated email address to avoid any similar problems from occuring in the future. Does anyone know how long it has been taking for PSC to get the updated versions out?

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi JPM,

I am sorry that you have not yet got an answer from PSC.
    I can only guess that they are extremely busy given the circumstances. Usually you get a reply within hours or a day.
    In the time when they published a new version, yes then too could it take a few days.

If you like, you can send me your email-addy via IM on this board. And I will try it for you, but -of course- I cannot promise you anything in this respect.
    I guess you'll understand that I don't have the right to send you a copy.

7. Mr.Blaze

lol hours lmao i usealy get replys back in a matter of minutes

8. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

JPM,

I think there are a couple possibilities here... Perhaps your email just didn't make it to them. You may want to send another. Also, in that email let them know that your email address changed from the one they have on file. Perhaps that is preventing them from replying to you. Tell them your previous email address and ask them if there is anything else you need to do to confirm that you are the same person who originally bought this via that other email address.

Just a thought,
    LowWaterMark

9. JPM

JPM Registered Member

Hi LowWaterMArk,

Well I did tell them the story of my email address changing, and I gave them both my old addy and the new one. I no longer had the original registration email, but I do still have the one with the upgrade from 4.09 to 4.10. It was dated in June of 2002. I told them I could provide any other information they required as well, but until they reply I can't do much else. I also sent them two emails with the same information, the first one I sent to contact@privsoft.com accidently, the second to upgrade@nsclean.com. I hope they would have received one of the emails if not both my now. I will send them another tomorrow if I still have not heard from them. I also want to say thanks to all for your replies and suggestions.

10. JPM

JPM Registered Member

Ok, I sent a followup email to them as suggested by FanJ. I received a reply within 30 minutes. It would appear they had sent out the upgrade but my ISP blocked the .exe file. Possible I guess but I would think I still would have received the text of the message. But I learned a long time ago its not a perfect world and things happen from time to time. Anyway, they sent me the new version right away this time and it is up and running. Thanks to all for your help.

Peace

11. Mr.Blaze

actualy that not uncommon when i was on aol i had all kinds of problems including jacking of my e-mail accounts and crapy e-mail delevery from some guy name daemon or some wyrd d name

12. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi JPM,

I'm glad that it's solved now :)

Cheers, Jan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.