boclean fp

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by iceni60, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

boclean flagged this when i ran it. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/iecookies.html i haven't run it with other scanners. i used to like windows security, but after 2 days of running XP again i'm already sick of it.

2. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

Hi, quoting Kevin McA from a post at BOClean forums

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

thanks, like i said i'm already sick of windows security. i've decided not to run windows so it's not a problem for me anymore.

4. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    ice, you've taken it too hard. I have told you in another thread that all you need is Double F = Firewall + Firefox. Playing with security is ok only if you love the fun of it.
    Mrk

5. Cerxes

Cerxes Registered Member

Have to agree with you there Mrk, I´m running several of the well known security software here, and never counter any malware any longer. Maybe because I´m not a risky surfer any longer. So I think I will delete some of the softwares. I´m running Win XP nowdays only when I´m gaming, and slowly using more and more FreeBSD and also testing out several Linux distros for everyday working/surfing.

However, it feels important to stress that ignoring security issues only because one is running an OS that is much lesser a target for malware writers, could be a mistake that could punish the community/users later on when those future malwares are spreading themselves with the "speed of light". At least a firewall and also an AV I think should be regarded as a good standard protection in conjuction with the other things that makes those OS such a great piece of work.

/Cerxes.

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

i used to like windows security, all i'm saying is i no longer like it, i prefer using linux so there's no reason for me to run windows. i was thinking of doing windows OS hardening for people in my local area as i do it every so often for friends and friends of friends, i'm not sure now.
    in linux i have no real-time security programs running apart from a FW. i have an AV which i run against files from untrusted places, rootkit scanners, a system checksum checker and a kernel level application FW - actually that runs in real-time. so, i don't ignore linux security. i just no longer like windows security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.