BOClean and DrWeb?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Firefighter, Jan 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

Hi everyone! I'm using DrWeb 4.30a as my primary av just now because of it's true program memory scanner or what ever they say it. I have heard that DrWeb and BOClean may conflict in sort of a kind?

Could someone tell those settings that I can use DrWeb and BOClean together with best possible secure results?

"The truth is out there, but it hurts!"

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

2. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

3. Tony

Tony Registered Member

With regards to the link that primrose has given.

I could not get DrWeb and BOClean to work together.
    As soon as i started spider guard BOClean locked my system up.

I am now using the free promo 7 from computer associates, and everything seems to work fine together.

Let us know how you get on if you decide to trial DrWeb.

4. Primrose

It appears to me that Firefighter is already using Dr Web so he would not be trying to use the trial of that product..but I was curious since you said in that other thread you were going to contact Dr Web and see what they had to say about the conflict..but I might have misread your posts.

Did you ever hear back from them ?

I did misread your post...you stated you were going to give Dr Web a miss .
    :)

5. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

To everyone from Firefighter!

I have renewed my DrWeb licence with a cost of 16,62 euros after some 4 months pause so I'm using DrWeb as my primary av now. It's obvious that BOClean and DrWeb are not a suitable combination.

I am trialing TrojanHunter 3.82 just now and there aren't any problems that I have seen. Why, I believed that TH has a memory resident scanner too?

"The truth is out there, but it hurts!"

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

6. Primrose

Then it is obvious you did not read the link I posted above where this member stated that they own both Dr WEB and BOClean and have them running together with no problem. ;)

bibbe

Re:DrWeb and BOClean conflicto_O
    « Reply #7 on: Today at 08:31:04am »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, I use both dr.web and boclean with no problems, I have excluded the boclean folder in dr.web but not boc as you can not axclude just one file.

bibbe

I know other people who also run both..but then they do not post in this forum.

Be Well,
    John

7. wizard

wizard Registered Member

I am closing this one because I don't think we need to have two threats about the same topic running at the same time.

Followup discussion:

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=20130;start=msg122888#msg122888

wizard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.