BoClean acting weird after latest update: it finds"metared trojan variant"??!

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by ronny, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronny

ronny Registered Member

A quick post, don't have much time at the moment.

After the latest update 09-14-2004 18:57:58, BoClean suddenly finds "metared trojan variant" in several applications ! This is very very weird because no other scanner found something (TDS-3, e-Trust,Kaspersky, Ewido, and many many others on demand and online : i really scanned with everything i could get my hands on :D and have PG installed).

When i, as a final test, installed the trial version of Trojan Hunter , BoClean said that the guard was also infected, when i started it, which seemed to me very unlikely.
    Especially :when i tried it out on another comp: before the update no problems , after the update ..yep..suddenly that "metared trojan variant" was there.
    Anyone else experience this?

2. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

Same here with the last update it shut down Avant on me and told me it was a Metared Trojan :eek: It asked me did I want to remove the file which was my actual browser. I know someone on their forum said - 'yes' and then realised Avant was gone! I could not open Avant without the warning so I scanned with TDS and AVG Pro and nothing was found. I have added Avant to the exclusion list until I can find out more :rolleyes: so far only one of my applications was BOcleaned but at least I know it is doing the same with other things now.
    It was a shock as I have never had a warning from it before :eek:

3. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Same here too, but the applications in wich he find metared trojan on my system are Windows Washer and The Cleanero_O?

Just like Robin, I pass a lot of scan (TDS-3, McAfee, ewido, etc) and none find any trojan or anything else for that matter?

Is there an email address where we can send those bugs to technical support of Boclean?

4. john2g

john2g Registered Member

support@nsclean.com

5. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Same issue here with Window Washer 5.5.1.19.

Nick

6. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Thank you John2g :)

7. john2g

john2g Registered Member

The FP has been corrected.

FILEDATE: 09/15/04 - 15:33:08 (US EDT) (19:33:08 GMT/UTC)

One new nasty today, plus correction of a false alarm for a total of 4283 UNIQUE trojans (19,977 trojans, worms, rootkits, adware, spyware, keyloggers, "dialers" and other malware in total, including all variants) covered in today's update for BOClean 4.11. Come and get it at:

http://www.nsclean.com/update.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.