Bo Clean causes System instability

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Mele20, Oct 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

BoClean spikes to 40- 70% CPU usage every ten seconds when it checks the registry. It makes my XP Pro system so unstable that I cannot use it. I have never seen an application cause this much instability on XP. I can reproduce it so I know it is BoClean. My system gets rapidly to where menus (such as Start and Quick Start) flash when I click on them and then close instantly. Anything minimized in the taskbar has great difficulty being maximized and closes almost instantly. My mouse becomes unresponsive. I could go on but you get the idea. This is XP Pro on a fast 3.0GHz box with 1024 RAM yet with BoClean running, I feel like I am on my old 98SE box, and in a situation where my resources are perhaps at 5%, and I have tried to open an application that needs 6% resources. That is what this feels like and acts like.

The symptoms are tolerable as long as I keep RAM usage BELOW 400MB. The moment I start a virtual PC or do anything that puts RAM usage at 900MB or above, I can't use my computer if BoClean is running. I have read that this EXCESSIVE CPU usage every 10 seconds might be due to a conflict with ProcessGuard. I would like some opinions as to why BoClean is gobbling RAM and also making my usually very stable XP Pro box so unstable that I have to reboot VERY frequently. I have no problems whatsoever running this box with 950- 1000MB physical RAM in use as long as BoClean is not running.

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Contact Kevin, he has some special builds for those with the PG conflict.

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Also....in this thread you'll find some indepth discussion concerning this matter with comments from Kevin concerning high CPU usage in this post.

4. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Thanks. That was a very interesting thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.