BlueScreenView from Nirsoft

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by LenC, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I recently used this program for the first time. I wish I had discovered it sooner.

My aging but trustworthy backup (11 year old Dell Dimension 4500) started blue screening several times a day. I googled the error message and followed the recommendations to check memory, check hard drive, and to delete/ recreate pagefile.sys. I did all of those with no improvement.

I came across this program and ran it. It gives a lot of information, much of which I don't understand. However, it pointed at my wireless card as the potential problem. I was dubious about that being the problem, but I did update the driver for the card and the bluescreens are gone.

I would have been clueless without this program - very helpful!

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Thanks for letting us know :thumb: Who would have thought it might be the wireless card ?

Glad you got it sorted :)

3. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

little AWESOME program :thumb:

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

hmmm... I don,t get it. Why a wireless card driver should start to produce BSODs suddenly while it must had been there since long without issues!

5. LenC

LenC Registered Member

I have no idea - I wish I understood such things. The only changes I made to the system within the days leading up to my problem were...

- install (and then uninstall) nitro pdf
    - install lightscreen (for screencapture)
    - install faststone image viewer

I wouldn't expect any of these to interact with wireless card in any way. The install/uninstall of nitro was a little messy - it changed (without asking me:thumbd: ) several default settings regarding pdf files. So I uninstalled it and then had to reinstall acrobat reader to get my settings correct. Again,I wouldn't think this would relate to the wireless card.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.