BluePoint Security product Q&A

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by BluePointSecurity, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ako

ako Registered Member

See above. I think I should know what I'm doing. :cautious:

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

how often does the database updates?i didnt get my for 1 complete day:) i do it manually when i scan

3. ako

ako Registered Member

If you look at my test you see eg.

-that even IE was blocked! o_O
    -that many common apps (too many) were blocked
    -that analysis never helped, analyzed apps. were always blocked
    -that there is conflict between DW and BPS
    - allowing execution of malware without a prompt (conflict?)

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

very strange isues you have,i am runing blue point and appranger without any problems

5. BluePointSecurity

BluePointSecurity Registered Member

No offense intended ako, just wanted to clarify! :cool:

That's exactly how BluePoint works, your permission only, not ours. The threat rating is there to help you make a decision only, not make it for you (that would be our competitors!).

There may be, we'll test this week. Setup properly as a standalone, BluePoint will not allow execution of anything without your permission, why run a second product when you're already locked to safe processes/code already?

Most certainly something is wrong probably a conflict, if you are not notified about code execution (exe's etc) then I promise you something isn't right. Again, test things out with 1 product installed at a time, otherwise it becomes difficult to ensure any kind of accuracy and consistency.

The Q/A thread has turned into test thread! :D

Could always create a new thread at some point.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

oooopppsss i forgot it's on the cluoud:D dont need any malware signiture all it's done online when scaning:D

7. BluePointSecurity

Correct, no need for signature updates. The updates we release are software updates with additional features etc.

Shake that signature update addiction, it's not good for you!

:D

8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i know:D

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i dont find any slow down with blue point and appranger;) two cool on shields and scaners:thumb:

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

for or since i install Blue Point Security i tested againts about 50 new malware samples of all kinds and trying to get hurt and cant:argh:
    it kept the house clean;)
    i am already recomending to my friends for theier families cause it is very easy to use
    3 programs i can sure recomend DefenseWall,AppRanger and for sure Blue Point Security

11. BluePointSecurity

Absolutely, the smaller vendors are the ones providing the innovative solutions and solutions that actually work when tested. In my opinion the large antivirus vendors lost the fight against malware years ago. They are incapable of thinking outside of the box, instead recommending click that updates button every 5 minutes! Unfortunatley the average consumer is still buy products from these large vendors, we're going to change that.

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

agree:thumb:

13. THX1138

THX1138 Registered Member

Sorry to say this but the posts between "jmonge" and "Blue Point Security" seems like something out of an infomercial.

I do hope and wish that "Blue Point Security" comes out as a great product, the more options out there the better, but please find a better way to convince people that your product is good. Get more independent known testers to compare your product with other well known tools and then we can talk.

I also appreciate that you let some people here alpha test your software but it still has to get out of Beta before you state that it is ready for "prime time".

14. BluePointSecurity

It's being independently tested as we speak.

Our product isn't in alpha or beta stages by any means, we have already been through beta testing and are actively selling our product on the market.

We encouraging everyone to check it out!

15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

any new updates coming soon?

16. BluePointSecurity

We'll probably release an update Thursday or Friday, with a few performance enhancements and fixes, nothing major.

17. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

cool:thumb: thanks

18. BluePointSecurity

New BluePoint Security Enterprise Edition screenshots:

http://www.bluepointsecurity.com/products/enterprise

Our enterprise edition information page is coming together, it's a bit sparse at the moment, we're working on videos and a few other interesting things...

If you're responsible for more than 50 workstations/servers, the enterprise edition may be for you. Complete centralized management, no more wild wild west as far as employees destroying/infecting machines etc. We hold weekly webex sessions to show off the product, if you think you may be interested we'd love for you to join our session!

We move quickly! Stay tuned!

19. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

is BluePoint Security Personal going to be ready soon?and for updating for next version does it requiere to uninstall first or is it overwrite on top of the old one?thanks blue;)

20. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Well here is one.

Suppose I have UAC on with PGS (a freebie) with a deny execute of the user space, running all internet facing applications as a limited user.

What are the benefits of using your product over the rights amangement stuff which came along with my Vista OS?
    Why is it worth the money?

Cheers Kees

21. BluePointSecurity

We always release our product updates in a way that simply allows you to click update in the user interface (it will autoupdate also). You never have to uninstall/reinstall. I've always thought it was odd that av companies tend to release version 2007, 2008, 2009 requiring a reinstall every year.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  22. BluePointSecurity

Kees1958,

We get this question so often I decided to do a quick video demonstration.

I setup a clean vm (Windows Vista Ultimate x86) with a user running low rights with UAC enabled. I setup a webserver and hosted a virus embeded in an html page, then visited the page and attempted to infect the Vista machine.

I didn't install any security products in this vm, I wanted to simply test out UAC and low rights alone as that is a very common question and a common scenario for an average user. While UAC and running as a low rights user are great security layers, in a real world scenario they often fail at preventing threats. As far as UAC goes, threats don't always access sensitive areas of the os which would trigger a UAC prompt. If I were designing a malicious piece of code, I would actually test to ensure it didn't trigger UAC (malware writers are clever remember!). The same goes for low user rights, high level user permissions are not necessarily needed (depending on its target and intentions on your system) to execute malicious code and do damage as demonstrated in the video.

Part 1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlV-XyM3Hg8

Part 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USPLHrCm-sE

Great question, keep them coming, we have a great lab environment and are happy to perform tests for you guys!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  23. darthsideous666

darthsideous666 Registered Member

I noticed from some of the earlier BluePoint demonstration videos that during the testing, neither deny or allow was clicked on the "unknown" program. but the pop up was exited out of instead? What would of happened if, say, Ma or Pa had BluePoint installed and in the same scenario, they had clicked allow?

24. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i find your idea very cool:thumb:
    by the way is BPS going to have password protection and self protection soon?

25. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

;)
    even if click allow it will be pick up by the scaner,i tried that and i allowed a malware sample and i did a scan and remove:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.