Blue Screen of Death When Using TrueImage

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by gmclean2006, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gmclean2006

gmclean2006 Registered Member

Hi,
    I recently downloaded the 15 day trial of True Image Home, and when running True Image, after selecting which drive(s) to backup and hitting "next", the blue screen of death shows up and the computer restarts (XP SP2)

The same thing happens in the program to create boot media, after selecting what components to place on the media and hitting "next", blue screen of death.

I tried searching and couldn't find any similar problems, but does anyone have any ideas. I was planning to buy the program if the trial worked well (which I've heard it does), but may need to purchase Ghost unfortunately.

Thanks,
    Graeme

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I think this is more likely a hardware prob at root than a software prob. If I have too many USB devices, when various software tries to use too many at one time, this seems to trip the current load limit on the USB power supply which trips the BSOD for hardware probs.

sh

3. gmclean2006

Hmm well I figured it was some sort of interaction between the hardware and the software, but I didn't think specifically of that. I wouldn't think in my case it would be USB, as all I have plugged in is a mouse, keyboard, printer, and external harddrive (externally powered). The weird thing is I never get the blue screens with XP. But any ideas to get the program working? Thanks.

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you are not using the external drive for the backup procedure, try it with that drive plugged in. That should at least help narrow down the problem.

5. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

Was the STOP code 1E?

If so, was the leftmost magic number oxC0000006?
    If so, that means that the process's pagefile quota has been exceeded.
    Not necessarily only TI's fault, but it seems to happen sometimes after I mount a volume in TI.

I got two such BSODs the other day using build 3633.
    I upgraded to 3677 to see whether I have better luck.

6. gmclean2006

Okay I tried it without the harddrive, no difference

Anyways, I got it to stop on the blue screen and read the next. The error is DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It mentions STOP: 0x0000001, and also ulsata.sys; which I believe is my serial ata driver (Asus A8V Deluxe mobo). Any ideas?

7. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

STOP codes have 8, not 7, hex digits.
    Alsom you need the entire message, not just the STOP code.

Search for the STOP code in the MSFT KB.

8. gmclean2006

That 7 digits was just a typo, it was all 0's and then 1

Anyways, I think the problem is with the one driver it lists (that STOP code seems to refer to a hardware problem), but I need that driver as it runs my harddrives. I tried updating the driver but no luck. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

9. Christopher_NC

Christopher_NC Registered Member

Greetings gmclean2006,

If only my memory were better...I had that same error code years ago, but can't recall what I did. Seems to me that it was a pesky issue to resolve. I looked online, and here's one suggestion that might help:

From a forum here:http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=308429

You also mentioned your SATA drivers. I have had problems with SATA, running TI, and have taken several steps to resolve them. The main one, which may be of help to you, came after searching forums for days, and then was also confirmed by Plextor, who makes my SATA DVD drive. Use the Microsoft certified drivers for SATA, which, oddly enough, are part of the IDE drivers, rather than those of your motherboard or chipset. I've read that nVIDIA, among other chipset makers, have had lots of problems with SATA implementation. Since making screaming fast mainboards for gamers and to top the charts is the name of the game for most mainboard makers, you may not want to use their drivers, just for a slight performance edge. Once I replaced my SATA drivers, things have really calmed down on my system.

TI stresses your SATA components, sending large volumes of data at high speeds thru the system. So, system flaws may show up that didn't previously.

Here's a thread that might be of interest...on the AMD forums, where others are having frequent BSODs with the same mainboard. Seems to be the consensus not to use the AMD drivers...again, could be many things...hope this helps.

http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showtopic=79532

Regards

10. gmclean2006

That sounds like it could be it. I'll try some of that stuff out with the drivers. Thanks a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.