Blue Screen Near Completion of Backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jldodge, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jldodge

jldodge Registered Member

I have Acronis True Image 10.0 ... have successfully completed a "backup" onto a USB external Maxtor OneTouch (under Version 9.0). However, after installing 10.0, I am encountering a "blue screen error" near the end of the backup process (i.e. > 95% complete). After the blue screen, the system reboots and when I attempt to access the backup, I am told that there are multiple files and that I need to start with the "last file". Note the backup is ~90GB on a RAID 0 configuration with Seagate Drives.

This error process has occurred 5 times ... under various scenarios, including one that has all firewall, anti-virus, and monitoring applications totally disabled. In essence, I had no problems under version 9.0 and now have a problem with 10.0.

System is WindowsXP, SP2 with all current updates added, RAID 0 configuration, 4GB memory, USB external drive for backup. Same configuration as I had with version 9.0.

Help please ..... Thanks in advance ...

2. jldodge

My mistake .... upgraded from 8.0 to 9.1. Confused versions with Disk Director. Would appreciate any help/advice ... Thanks again ...

3. jldodge

I updated to Build 3633 and still experienced the same problem ... The backup was about 95% complete and it went to a blue screen and then rebooted the computer. The backup was tagged with a "1" added to my original file name.

Can someone give me some help here? Are others experiencing the same problem?

Thanks for any help ...

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jldodge,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please do the following in order to enable mini-dumps.

- Open Computer properties either by right clicking on My Computer icon and choosing Properties or by opening System properties in Control Panel;
    - Go to Advanced tab;
    - Press Startup and Recover Settings button;
    - Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information box;
    - Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons.

Then please reproduce the system crash and send us the mini-dumps created. This will allow us to investigate the problem thoroughly.

Please create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

5. Digidave

Digidave Registered Member

I just wanted to chime in here for a second & say, I'm having this exact same problem.:doubt: I also have been in contact with Acronis Support. They've been helpful & puctuall I may add. Just wanted you to know, you're not alone with this issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.