Blocklist Manager

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by OPTIMIZERS, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OPTIMIZERS

OPTIMIZERS Guest

Goodevening, I use Spyblocker (very very pleased 'bout it) and the blocklist manager from: http://bluetack.co.uk/blm.html
    for downloading the ip's and url's that tracks and spy us down so I can merge it into the Spyblocker
    BUT now I heard from a friend that this site comes from the akamai server, which is very known of being a trojan and spy server.
    can anyone give me please some advice of this manager and maybe some news of their (spy)servero_O
    would really appreciate it.

2. deathangel

deathangel Guest

BUT now I heard from a friend that this site comes from the akamai server, which is very known of being a trojan and spy server.

what bluetack or Spyblocker

I work for bluetack and there isn't anything comming off that server :lol:

If you want we can move the lists to another server :)

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Take a look here:
    http://www.akamai.com/en/html/about/customers.html

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

I don't know anything about the Blocklist Manager.
    So I have to leave that to others.

About Akamai servers:

In general you can not say that the Akamai servers are known for being a trojan and spy server.
    It simply is not true.

Lots have been written in the past about Akamai.
    Googling/searching around will give lots of info.

Akamai has a worldwide system of servers.
    Lots of software companies use it.
    Among those are very legitimate ones.
    And also some that you may want to avoid.

For example:
    The old SMartins HOSTS file (full version) includes a long list of Akamai sites to be blocked.
    But they are in the "Not for Everyone" section, meaning : every user has to decide for him/herself whether to block those.
    Same analogous thing for IE-SPYAD from Eric Howes.

5. OPTIMIZER

OPTIMIZER Guest

Thank you both for your quick reply. Thats why I was finding an answer here 'cause if you don't find it here you find it prob. nowhere.
    The prob is that I use the blocklist manager (i couldn't live without it anymore) but as I am using Spyblocker (very nice) they sometimes blocks the sites and when I look at the log there is something about the akamai server. But I find it impossible to believe that the server of the blocklist manager is some of them . Now I am going to delete it from my host blocklist.
    Thank you very much FanJ, Gerardwil and Deathangel as I have now the information needed.
    to Deathangel: Nice piece of app. keep it going up!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.