Blocklist Manager

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by OPTIMIZERS, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OPTIMIZERS

OPTIMIZERS Guest

Goodevening, I use Spyblocker (very very pleased 'bout it) and the blocklist manager from: http://bluetack.co.uk/blm.html
    for downloading the ip's and url's that tracks and spy us down so I can merge it into the Spyblocker
    BUT now I heard from a friend that this site comes from the akamai server, which is very known of being a trojan and spy server.
    can anyone give me please some advice of this manager and maybe some news of their (spy)servero_O
    would really appreciate it.

2. deathangel

deathangel Guest

BUT now I heard from a friend that this site comes from the akamai server, which is very known of being a trojan and spy server.

what bluetack or Spyblocker

I work for bluetack and there isn't anything comming off that server :lol:

If you want we can move the lists to another server :)

3. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Take a look here:
    http://www.akamai.com/en/html/about/customers.html

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

I don't know anything about the Blocklist Manager.
    So I have to leave that to others.

About Akamai servers:

In general you can not say that the Akamai servers are known for being a trojan and spy server.
    It simply is not true.

Lots have been written in the past about Akamai.
    Googling/searching around will give lots of info.

Akamai has a worldwide system of servers.
    Lots of software companies use it.
    Among those are very legitimate ones.
    And also some that you may want to avoid.

For example:
    The old SMartins HOSTS file (full version) includes a long list of Akamai sites to be blocked.
    But they are in the "Not for Everyone" section, meaning : every user has to decide for him/herself whether to block those.
    Same analogous thing for IE-SPYAD from Eric Howes.

5. OPTIMIZER

OPTIMIZER Guest

Thank you both for your quick reply. Thats why I was finding an answer here 'cause if you don't find it here you find it prob. nowhere.
    The prob is that I use the blocklist manager (i couldn't live without it anymore) but as I am using Spyblocker (very nice) they sometimes blocks the sites and when I look at the log there is something about the akamai server. But I find it impossible to believe that the server of the blocklist manager is some of them . Now I am going to delete it from my host blocklist.
    Thank you very much FanJ, Gerardwil and Deathangel as I have now the information needed.
    to Deathangel: Nice piece of app. keep it going up!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.