Blocking upload of Adobe Reader

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Black Cat, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Cat

Black Cat Registered Member

Hi all, my Nod 32 has decided that Acrobat Reader is a threat to my security. I receive a red message alert that does not seem to give me an option to over-ride it. Here are the details as far as I can make out:

Operating system is Vista Home
    Nod 32 - latest update today

step-by-step instructions to reproduce the issue: Basically I click on the upload button on the offical Adobe site, approve it when the bar at the top of the page asks me to, then when I click on 'restart Firefox' I get the alert message. This has been happening for a few things of late, like emoticon sites and games sites, but I have assumed they were dodgy so have not bothered to proceed, but Acrobat Reader is pretty essential for most activities.

* Make sure you have the latest version of the product installed - done
    * Make sure the issue occurs with default settings - no settings changed, so presumably I am on default
    * Try disabling Anti-Stealth and Self-defense, one at a time as well as both (a computer restart will be required for the change to take effect) Don't know how to do that ...

I have only yesterday updated all my drivers, run a registry scan and deleted a couple of bits of software that were redundant and seemed potentially more risky than others and the system is operating with considerably greater efficiency than it has for sometime.

Any help would be appreciated - I have five documents waiting to be read ...

2. vtol

vtol Registered Member

upload of AR to the Adobe site? Sounds more like downloading it.

in FF - what the bar at the top of the page asks you to?
    FF would only restart if an extension has been installed, which one has been installed?

Did you try the download with another browser such as IE, Opera, Safari or Chrome? Or did you try another free pdf reader?

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you post here a screenshot of the alert which would shed more light?

4. Black Cat

Hi Marcos, I tried again, so I could get some screen shots (a new skill I have just acquired - thanks for precipitating that ), and the darn thing uploaded as sweet as can be. No idea what was going on yesterday, but at least now I should be able to read those documents (if I can work out where the downloads are stored ....:rolleyes: )

VTOL, fluency in jargon is not necessarily a reflection of intelligence, but picking a newbie up on a fault in that area can be extremely off-putting if they are the delicate type ...

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Just to clarify things, are you really uploading something to the Adobe's web site? Normally we'd expect that users can only download from their site, hence Vtol was wondering about it. Certainly he did not intend to offend you ; )

6. vtol

vtol Registered Member

it wasn't meant to put you off, however to trouble shoot and error diagnosis it is essential to provide correct information, as there is a bit of a difference between downloading and uploading. else the process of finding a solution could take a wrong turn and waste the time of those trying to help

7. Black Cat

I was downloading Reader for my use. I call it uploading as that is what is happening at my end - it is being uploaded into my computer's system. Anyway, it is sorted now. Thanks both.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.