Blocked From Comodo Forum! Spamming?????

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by chinook9, May 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

I wanted to check out some threads on the Comodo forum. I have been registered there for years but I can't login. I get the message: Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum! Spamming or Suspected Spamming...

Anyone else have this problem? I haven't logged in there for quite a while but I believe my registration should be active. Heck, I'm using CIS on the netbook I'm presently on.

NOTE: I am presently in France, but have been blocked using my local ISP as well as VPNs with ISPs in US.

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  2. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I just logged in on Comodoforums for the first time in many years. I have no problem. Maybe your account was hacked?

3. fredvries

fredvries Registered Member

Same thing happened to me on the forums of CCleaner. When I tried to resolve the problem, they said that I was banned because I posted mostly in the 'Software' part of the forum, where you can recommend other types of software. When I replied that that was the intention of that section, I was told that my ban was indefinately because of spamming.

So, maybe you too were posting too much in the 'wrong' part of the forum.

4. kupo

kupo Registered Member

My guess is that a massive spam happened and your account was included in the banning part.

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

If it happens when you are not signed in, (i.e. as a guest, as your first post's error message stated), then it is definitely an IP address style ban. As mentioned above, someone there could have added a fairly wide IP address block to their ban list, which includes your home IP address range. Likewise, a lot of proxies, various commercial services and lots of tor exit nodes, end up in public spammer lists since spammers frequently use them to post their trash. So those also could be in the forum's ban list. Just keep trying proxies until you get one that has access to their forum, then try to login to see if your account is banned or not. If you haven't "done anything" and it isn't you that is banned, just IP ranges you happen to use, then you should be fine. However, if your account is actually banned, then I guess you are done there. (The idea though is to find out if you are actually banned or if it's just an IP address ban that happens to block you as well as whoever it was intended to block.)

6. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I also sometimes get banned from many forums like avast. My ISP offers dynamic IP so my IP changes all the time. I also tracked the ISP which when I'm assigned to gets blocked. When I get a different IP I am allowed. That IP have been used by another user to do spam or illegal activities in cyberspace.

Just check if you have dynamic ip addresses or not. More about dynamic IP address and static ip is here

7. pirej

pirej Registered Member

I just logged in without problems, and im using dynamic IP

8. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Use an anonymous VPN service or proxy to gain access, and then create a new account. Then use that new account to send Admin an email requesting support for your problem. I had to do that once with a forum. Hopefully you will find a VPN or proxy on the first try that is not part of their IP ban range.

9. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Another option you have is maybe some good someritan from Wilders will log in their Comodo account, and send Admin a PM with a link referenced to this thread.

Update: I sent Comodo's CEO the following message below.
    You have a member over at Wilders that says they have been banned from the Comodo forum due to spamming. They said they had not logged in in forever, and have no ideal why they have been banned from the forum. Could staff from Comodo get in contact with this user please. -http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=2052448#post2052448

Thank You,
    Cutting_edgetech

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  10. Ranget

Ranget Registered Member

what the problem create a new account and contact one of the mods there

11. pingaling

pingaling Registered Member

If you are also chinook9 on the Comodo forum, this is the status in your Profile.

Title: Newbie (so I guess you are not banned)

Last post on: 20 November 2011

Last Active: 22 April 2012

I can't see how you were banned for spamming if your last post was on 20 November 2011 unless you or someone else posted spam on 22 April 2012 and the post was deleted.
    Most likely is an IP ban and you got caught in it.
    If it is an IP ban then chinook9 will not be able to create a new account unless he uses a proxie

Best to just wait and see what comes of this

12. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

That's because your IPs are not being used to do spamming or illegal activities when they are changed and given to another user of your ISP.

For example when I try to register at malwaretips I get the message at the end of registration process, 'Sorry. Your registration details match that of a known spammer and so your registration has been cancelled.'

I wait for a month for my IP address to change again. I confirm the change and try to register again. And voila! It worked flawlessly.

@chinook9
    Like pingaling said if your IP is indeed banned there is nothing to do other than using a VPN or something or wait a month or so for you IP address to change if you're using a dynamic IP.

I had tried to email avast support to let me allow in the forum. I explained to them that if they wanted they can check my posts from my account to see if I was doing any spamming. It was simply because my IP changed. They replied they had nothing to do since I could always open a new account to do more spamming so they blocked my IP altogether. A month later I could visit the forum no problem whatsoever.

13. fax

fax Registered Member

Just force an IP change on your system (normally by unplugging your connection for a XX minutes) and you will be fine! :)

14. burebista

burebista Registered Member

Something similar happened before. -http://forums.comodo.com/report-comodo-forum-web-site-issues/extremely-annoying-and-inexplicable-t80944.0.html;msg580166#msg580166-

15. chinook9

Thank you all very much for the help. As a group, I believe this thread has the most helpful responses I've seen on Wilders.

I will keep changing ISP until I find one that works. I am presently traveling in France and have been using a couple of VPNs which have been blocked. There are plenty of ISPs I can choose from so I'll keep changing server locations until I find one that works.

Thanks again!

16. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

Are you still having problems?

If so then send me a PM as I am a Mod on the Comodo forums.

17. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Are the Comodo forums online I have been getting This site has been undergoing scheduled maintenance for days.

18. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

Comodo Forums

19. chinook9

Thank you for the reply. If I use SecurityKISS I am still not allowed on the Comodo Forums but if I use my local ISP I don't have a problem. thanks again.

20. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

What is your exact username on the Comodo forums?

I need to know this so I can locate your account.

Thanks.

21. chinook9

Same as this forum.

22. Chiron

Chiron Registered Member

Okay, I've looked into it and as far as I can tell your account is not suspended or banned. That said, trying to connect from many VPN's or proxies will automatically block your account from being able to connect. Perhaps this is the problem.

From our end it looks like it's the IP addresses that you're trying to connect from that are the problem. There's no restrictions on your account itself.

Please try to connect to the forums again, but not by proxy or VPN. If you still encounter problems try clearing the browser cache and try again. It may even be helpful to try another browser.

If you're still not able to connect then let me know and I'll look into it deeper.

Thanks.

23. chinook9

Thank you for the help. I'll do as you suggest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.