Blocked access to upload.retento.com

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by pkidza, Dec 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pkidza

pkidza Registered Member

Hi

I am using Prevx 3.0.5.40 with Safe Browsing and realtime protection.

Often when Prevx shows the "Authenticating files" little pop in the right hand corner of my desktop Norton Safety Minder blocks access to upload.retento.com. When I did a Google search on it I found out that Prevx is owned by Retento Ltd. Mcafee Siteadvisor lists retento.com as a dangerous site.

Could I ask if it is Prevx accessing this site, what it uploads to the site and if it is safe?

Thanks.

2. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Authenticating files simply means something is executing or being access on the computer and its checking to make sure it is safe by using its database. I would not put much trust into Mcafee SiteAdviser as it tends to get crap wrong ALOT. As for the website I don't know my traffic shows Prevx accessing Prevx.com but I would wait for Joe on that conformation.

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

upload.retento.com is legitimate and is an alternate database which we use for scanning as well. I'm honestly surprised that retento.com is found as bad by SiteAdvisor but it is indeed legitimate and Retento is the parent company of Prevx.

4. pkidza

pkidza Registered Member

Cool. Thanks. Makes me feel much better! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.