Block software installation

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by pb1, Aug 10, 2016.

1. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

Hi

I have a Nvidia grafics driver with controlpanel that keeps installing itself after uninstallation. Over and over.
    I know there exists software that can stop that but i do not know its name and where to find it. Does anyone have that information?

2. itman

itman Registered Member

As far as I am aware of, the Nvidia control panel is part of the basic driver software. Why do want to get rid of it?

3. pb1

pb1 Registered Member

I have 2 grafics driver setups on the Pc and Nvidias with its panel is not necessary for its function and causes slowdowns etc so i am better of without it. Right now i have inactivated the driver and that is good as far as problems goes but i rather get rid of it if i could.

Do you have any knowledge concerning my original question?

4. Kirk Reynolds

Kirk Reynolds Registered Member

I'm not familiar with any software in your original post. You can prevent Windows from installing a driver to a specific device (hardware id) in group policy. Surely you need a driver for it though, right? I don't think you can install a Nvidia GPU driver without the control panel, but I may be wrong. You can disable some Nvidia startup process and services, and see if that helps. That's all I can think of...

5. pegas

pegas Registered Member

I have also dual graphic on my laptop (Intel and AMD that automatically engages when needed) and I agree that all these control panels etc. is a pain (AMD in my case). Unfortunately if you want to keep the drivers updated you have less chances to get only drivers without control panels nowadays. 20 years back or so it was much easier to obtain only drivers. Anyway you can try to search for NVidia drivers only, you may be lucky but frankly I think that Kirk's suggestions are only viable options. Sorry that I deviated from your original query.

6. Kirk Reynolds

Kirk Reynolds Registered Member

If you find it, please let us know. I'd be interested in hearing it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.