Block loading of agentsvr.exe?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Justin Smith, Jan 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin Smith

Justin Smith Registered Member

Is there a way to prevent TDS from loading agentsvr.exe? The TDS speech function is pretty neat, but I'm pretty aggressive about shutting down services I don't typically use, and speech doesn't work on my machine anyway (probably because I've shut down some other service).

TIA.

2. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=19235

;)

3. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Justin, if there are problems with the speech functionality on your system, you might like to have a look in several postings in this thread: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=16166;start=msg108623#msg108623
    I like to use the functionality, but that's personal.

4. Justin Smith

Justin Smith Registered Member

Jooske,

Thanks for the tips! I got the speech to work. It's actually pretty cool so I don't think I'll disable it. Now how do I get 'Mary' to greet me? :D

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Glad it works for yuou too!

You can move the speech slider to other numbers, which might give you Mary when you press test. She's the only female voice in that collection. If she's not in you collection, you might like to grab her at the speechapi SDK site at the msagents. Time ago saw her voice separate for download, so you would not need to get the whole 7mb(?) sapi4, let alone the big SDK of over 40mb! They have some 20 voices included in those.
    If you got the scripts pack from the TDS download site, and you did get the msagents characters you might like to load the InnerPeace script, as a demo how TDS is using the msagent technology.
    Of course at the MS msagent pages are very nice script samples in various scripting languages to add to the happy experience, even using different languages.
    You will notice though, that the msagents have their own voices!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.