Blink Personal must be getting better

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by duke1959, May 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Must have been something conflicting as i'm only running it on a dual core system and theres barely any noticeble slowdown.

2. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Thanks.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I did a bit of checking on the machine and it had to be an incompatability issue as I ran Blink on XP with no problems. I really just wanted to try it out again , but I am happy with my present av and security setup. :thumb: :D

4. controler

controler Guest

I installed it today and during install it asks for a lic key or click next and when all done it shows subscription good till June 2009 for Blink Personal.

5. britchey

britchey Registered Member

I have been running it for about a week and a half on the following configuration without performance issue:

Dell xps 1210
    3 GB RAM
    100 GB HDD (7200 RPM) with 2 partitions (installed on second, non-system partition)
    Office 2007 regular use
    IE, Firefox regular use
    MSSQL 2005 standard edition with several applications hitting it
    1 web application hosted internally with IIS

It has detained "Ezula" adware but otherwise has been pretty quiet since the initial onslaught of firewall interaction to set rules for my application.

I consider myself a pretty low threat since I heavily scrutinize email from those I don't know and even those from people I do know that seem suspicious and I don't wander too much outside of the established roads on the net. I also haven't tried testing it by self-infecting the box ( I am setting it up as my business laptop) so I can't say it is impenetrable.

However, for the vulnerability scanner, the relatively light resource footprint, and general duty all-in-one, I think it is a pretty nice investment at $30 for the professional edition.

6. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Before you invest in it, you should know that it is virtually impossible to get it off of your machine should you decide to uninstall it.

7. controler

controler Guest

Buck

What is left behind? With autoruns you can uncheck everything that belongs to Blink and any Reg files should be captured by an install monitoring program.

This is what I got running InCtrl5 but I already had Blink installed. I just ran the install over the old one.

Attached Files:

8. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

eEye Digital file left behind in XP program folder and non-deletable. Others had the same problem- they complained about it in their forum. There is no removal tool to get rid of it (at least not a few months ago).

9. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

Quote Bigc73542,

Bigc, would you be kind enough to tell us what av & security setup you are currently happy with?

Thanks in advance.

10. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Sorry for the delay. I am at present running Rising AV and FW. I also use Spywareblaster, Opera and sometimes Firefox. I also run Windows defender, And a lot of common sense. And lets not forget my Hardware firewall.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.