Blanked out Embedded Videos

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by RCGuy, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

I have Windows XP Home Edition and I use the IE8 broswer, and as of recently, I've noticed that a lot of websites that have embebbed videos in them are blanked out or neutralized. Here's an example of one:

One hour showing of UFO´s in Peru

And I don't know what browsers anyone else is using, but I was wondering if anyone who is using IE8 notices that the embedded video is blanked out.

Any feedback on this is appreciated.

2. 1boss1

1boss1 Registered Member

Nope, i just fired up IE8 and it was viewable.

My IE8 is all default out of the box settings (because i never use it) plus has the latest Adobe Flash installed.

If you go in here, there's some settings about embedded players...

20-00-05.png

3. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

Hmmmm. That's interesting. Most of my IE8 settings are default, which would include the "Display video" setting, but I just went into the Security Settings that you showed me and clicked on "Custom level" and ticked "Enable" for the "Display video and animation on a webpage that does not use external media player," clicked on OK twice and even restarted IE(wasn't sure if I needed to do that), but the link in my OP still doesn't display the embedded video. Same with this page: Schwarzenegger's having a state garage sale, with autographs

But in addition to this not working, I also don't understand why my "Display video" setting was disabled since I don't recall disabling it. And I also don't understand why embedded videos have displaying for all the years that I've had my computer, but have changed all the suddenly. o_O

Also, is anyone else not seeing those embedded videos?

4. RCGuy

RCGuy Registered Member

I guess no one else's expertise has any thoughts or comments on this matter.

5. Ickk

Ickk Registered Member

Try this ... go to http://www.adobe.com
    download the latest flash player activex ...to your desktop
    close IE8 then install the new flash control.

Did this happen after a security update from MS ?, if so flash content might be blocked in IE8 ... for some reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.