Blackspear, do you use a firewall? If so, how have you set it up relative to the

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ratchet, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

ekrn.exe proxy concerns and the inability to layer security? Thank You!

2. Dieselman

Dieselman Registered Member

I use Comodo 3.0 along with NOD32 3.0 and they match very well together. Pass all leak tests.

3. ratchet

ratchet Registered Member

So do I. Did you do anything special? Defense+ catches everything but not sure the firewall is as robust.

4. Joan Archer

Joan Archer Registered Member

I use Zone Alarm Pro with NOD32 v3 and no conflicts. :thumb:

5. henryg

henryg Registered Member

Same here.... NOD32 V3.0.621 works very well with Zone Alarm Pro. v7.0.462. No issues whatsoever.

6. daveiw

daveiw Registered Member

Same here with Outpost 4 Pro, all leak tests passed.

7. IvanFraser

IvanFraser Registered Member

I stopped using ZAP recently, having had noticeable boot delay, and no real need for most of the added extras.

Needing just a decent firewall with low performance hit, I plumped on Zonealarm Free 5.5.094.000 (still downloadable from the ZA site). (On the advice of one of the gurus on the Zonealarm users forum). I used ZAP for years. but since version 6, and especially the version 7s, it has become overblown with added functionality and has slowed down aspects of the pc.

Now I use NOD32 3 and Zonealarm Free with no issues whatsoever, and a minimal hit on resources. Been running this for about 4 months now.

It's all I ever really wanted from a firewall.

I would consider using ESS, but I really like ZA's icon, which lets you know when there is in and outgoing traffic - I've come to rely on that over the many years I've used ZA and have missed it when trying out ESS and Comodo.

I recently installed the latest ZAP and also the latest ZA free - and the installer for both is HUGE compared to the old trusty 5.5.

Worth a try, I would suggest :D

Ivan

BTW I'm using Windows XP Home SP2 and Office 2003 (Outlook for Emails), Maxthon for the net, Adaware, Spybot and AVG AntiSpyware and run a scan once a fortnight or so with one of these anti-spywares - otherwise let NOD and ZA handle things, and haven't been infected with anything for years now.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.