BlackFog Privacy

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by liba, Feb 2, 2018.

1. SRT

SRT Registered Member

A feature I would like to see is when in install mode, being able to turn it off without having to wait or rebooting.

2. Darren Williams

Darren Williams Developer

3. lucd

lucd Registered Member

I understand Darren but switching off of bf is too silent, other android security products will moan about being switched by battery saver and other system apps. let bf turn red or add notification you never know if this thing works or not

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  4. matra

matra Registered Member

Unfortunately, I've had the same experience. For me, it only runs fast in wifi under android. With mobile data, it takes longer than without BlackFog.

5. lucd

lucd Registered Member

blackfog speeds up Internet for me especially on mobile, adguard slows down Internet, I am 100% sure this is not placebo

6. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Well I don't know for about Blackfog, but agree 100% with Adguard slowing down Internet. I have a lifetime license and don't use it right now because of this.:(

7. Darren Williams

@lucd its on our list now to be more in your face in the future. Yes the performance should be noticeably faster with BF because its preventing the backchannel from sending out data and therefore it cant request data from a profiling perspective either. We are also not just about Ads, but all sorts of other stuff and you will see even more emphasis on this in 5.0 from a process level (app) perspective as well.

8. lucd

lucd Registered Member

no need to be on my face, but thanks, just check what sites generate most traffic to focus your attention at them , your anti-profiling, anti ad et cetera, eg top 10. Since bf appears to be strongly imbalanced across websites, even famous websites. But these ads injections are pretty advanced. Adguard does much better job at ads across all websites so I do advise using adguard desktop installs along with blackfog, until the situation improves. Adguard is dedicated anti ad and bf does much more I know , best regards

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  9. Darren Williams

@lucd feel free to PM me with any sites you feel we are not blocking well and I can send them to the team for review.

10. lucd

lucd Registered Member

thanks again, you need to whitelist tpc.googlesyndication.com from advertizing, since a user cannot download files from google drive and email attachments, added to whitelist

11. Darren Williams

Update your rules now and that should be resolved.

12. lucd

lucd Registered Member

:)

13. avboy

avboy Registered Member

What exactly does the iOS version do? Does it protect Safari only or the whole device?

On a separate note, I did install a 7 days free trial, but it refused to work properly. As soon as I downloaded it showed subscribed, but in some time it went back to unlicensed. I tried several times, download, delete, re-download. The result was the same. Then I uninstalled it.

14. Darren Williams

On iOS it can only work in Safari due to limitations of the OS itself. We will be releasing an Enterprise version that will work on the whole device but it will require the device is under management. Not sure why you were having issues, nothing special needs to be done for the 7 day trial.

15. avboy

avboy Registered Member

Thanks for your reply. In that case I request you to put the text "Not Available on iOS" for all features like Cryptojacking, Botnet etc instead of the text "Unlicensed".

16. Darren Williams

Actually all those are available. Whatever is on the app is actually available. I can only assume the 7 day trial was previously activated so that would explain it. I have sent this off to dev to double check for you though.

17. lucd

lucd Registered Member

why blackfog stops ESET's ekrn.exe

ekrn.exe 1.0.0.1 port 80

it tags as suspicious, could you verify? I believe its http/https scanning of eset that triggers this, but I am afraid there might be an incompatibility between eset / blackfog

download latest eset internet security

18. Darren Williams

It actually should work along side it quite nicely, as we have a few clients using that. An older edition used direct IP's I believe. If you don't want to upgrade it then you can also white list that exe file as well.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  19. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

https://www.blackfog.com/windows-changelog/

20. lucd

lucd Registered Member

I did upgrade I am using latest eset, but maybe not having problems now somewhat

I am getting problems when executing UCHECK free 3.11.2.0 64 bit version updates

It spawns as.tmp.exe files like so:
    as_(enter number here)_tmp.exe - illegal file extentions
    examples:
    12:08 localhost, as_8545_tmp.exe port 4372
    12:08 localhost, as_f17c.tmp.exe 2224
    as_aea9.tmp.exe 9076 port 9076

after blocks I also get system freeze

I am installing updates with the UCHECK free 3.11.2.0 64 bit version,
    https://www.adlice.com/ucheck/

UCHECK free is NOT compatible with blackfog, I believe its an important security product that makes sure all software is up to date, and I want it to work with blackfog
    it is not possible to whitelist because as.tmp.exe generates random numbers and connects to random ports, furthermore it is tagged as illegal file extentions (tmp.exe)
    I don't want to disable illegal file extension check, but I need Ucheck, it must be done internally by programme debelopper please

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  21. lucd

lucd Registered Member

latest eset version, all ekrn.exe connections are stopped by blackfog

ekrn.exe on port 80:
    block 20.190.160.69
    block 40.126.31.139

a huge spawn of these blocks, I can't whitelist, begins with 190.160 and 40.126
    also sometimes 1.1.1.1 or 1.0.0.1
    ESET VERSION is 14.0.220
    all tagged as suspicious
    anyway it seams that pc is running slow with eset this time, so I am a bit suspicious
    probably its ekr.exe scanning port 80 (browser), and blackfog intercepts that, but chrome.exe crashed and the system froze once

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  22. Darren Williams

@lucd you can just whitelist ekrn.exe and it will bypass the checks for ESET, but ultimately they should not be using hardcoded IP's. Hard to believe software companies are still doing this in 2021 with the number of cyberattacks we see.

tmp.exe is a classic double extension execution technique used by a lot of ransomware so we will see if there might be a way to allow this in the future for specific apps.

23. Darren Williams

@lucd looks like we have a build for you to try that will work with ucheck. Please PM me your email address so we can send you a link to it to test before release.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  24. lucd

lucd Registered Member

hej could you add bandizip to forensics archive list, bandizip is very popular and one of fastest and modern zip programmes, it is also updated very often, registry holds information on opened archive name and date, EDIT: blackfog works with ucheck now, thank you

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  25. Darren Williams

Sure I will send it off to the team.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.