BlackFog Privacy

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by liba, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Darren Williams

Darren Williams Developer

Note the Beta release of 4.0 has now been sent to all testers.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

HI Darren

I've not had any luck downloading from box. Can't you use a link on the site.

Pete

3. Darren Williams

Its a private beta, so we cant post a general link. We have emailed an alternative.

4. Peter2150

Thanks Darren. Got it from the latest link. I just don't have good luck with drop box

Also where do you want feed back

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  5. Peter2150

Arrgh! Tried installing it and there was no issue except it asked for a license. Said my trial expired. As I started the reboot to Macrium it, I noticed there was a tray icon. Next??

6. Darren Williams

Please send comments directly back to the email we sent. If you have a license, it will pick up the existing one. If not email us and we can give you a temp one.

7. Peter2150

Thanks

8. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Please see my above post #567. This is becoming annoying. I want to have the program connecting the moment I go online. It shows as off about 60% of the time. Darren?

9. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Same issue here Pete. I just emailed them for a trial license. Hope to hear back soon.

10. Peter2150

I got very quickly.

11. Trooper

They must have gone for the day. Have not heard back.

12. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

+1

I asked if my existing whitelist would be retained. Perhaps someone else here can confirm?

13. Sir Percy

Sir Percy Registered Member

It was retained in my case.

14. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

Thank you Sir!

15. Trooper

Quick question guys. Is it normal for a no activity to show up at all with this product? Maybe because it is beta? Or is this being blocked from other sources like ublock origin?

16. lucd

lucd Registered Member

I can't install beta or trial version, still stuck on requirements not met, installed visual 2017 thingy, even rebooted and tried again, blackfog also tried on its own to no avail, I do have some mitigation options and tweaks (I;d blame these first) though but to be honest I can install any program I want with no issues, but blackfog.. but its some specific version so a link provided could help, I used the one from microsoft copying the information of requirement from the installer
    eset reports a hacking tool embedded in install of blackfog beta specifically (windivert variant), might be fp , most likely
    best

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  17. Darren Williams

A couple of comments on beta. It is working, so if you are seeing no blocks, then something is getting in the way. We test with a number of products and it seems to work fine, we will add block origin to the list to check that too. Re install, we only require one thing, the MS Visual C++ Redistributable 14.16 or later which it will try and download and install if not present, so you need to allow this in order for it to function.

18. Darren Williams

Rainwalker, if it has not started then this means a service dependency is not met. Windows can load things in different orders each time. Do you happen to change the load order of your system? We can get tot he bottom of it over email as we have some tool you can use to determine the load sequence.

19. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

@Darren............Thanks for responding. I have not changed load order. Again, sometimes it loads. Sometimes it doesn't. This morning it loaded o_O You can PM a link or whatever to your preferred load sequence tool if you like.

20. lucd

lucd Registered Member

it would be great if your installer worked, I always recommend your software to ppl but never tried it on my own which is weird

I install the requirement, then the software warns me again about requirements, I am sure its some setting I have set and I have most of OS services disabled

21. Darren Williams

Hi Lucd, the dependency is actually an MS requirement. The only time that has been a problem is when a user had a corrupt registry. Maybe you have that issue? Here is a link to a KBA that we created for this problem. Just PM me if you have issues and we can help.

22. lucd

lucd Registered Member

I managed to make it work via some specific link to the depedency in question, you changed dependency to version 2019 so that helped me

I believe the beta test is limited to 30 days is that correct? it will continue in its beta state if I buy the product subscription

so far blackfog saved me from a russian adware site\ip, one thing I didn't like it that it deleted all stuff in my download folder, many ppl do store important files in there... so that was unpleasant, there should be a pop-up asking what to delete or an option to enable such

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  23. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

In 3.7.2 you can deselect the downloads folder in the Forensics section.

Attached Files:

• BFP.PNG
      BFP.PNG
      File size:
      33.4 KB
      Views:
  24. Darren Williams

Also by default we normally have that switched OFF. But will double check this in the 4.0 beta as well.

We are in final stages of the release cycle in 4.0. Just one important feature that is being throughly tested before launch.

25. Darren Williams

We are thinking of dropping support for Windows 32 bits. Is anyone out there still running a Windows 32 bit OS?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.