Black Friday...Cyber Monday...Discounts!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Securon, Nov 28, 2014.

1. siketa

siketa Registered Member

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

3. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! From the Not Surprising...Point Of View...went to the Business News Network...and there were Metrics available from Black Friday and the Weekend. My own Personal take was Sales were down...sure enough the National Retailers Federation reported that Sales were down overall from this time last year by a Significant 11%. I suspected that the Security Vendors would be Markedly more Competitive and Aggressive than they have been. The change coming from large On-Line Retailers such as Amazon U.S. certainly not Amazon Canada and Newegg U.S. again not their Canadian site. The trend not surprisingly is toward On-Line Profit...derived from purchases made from Wireless sources...Smartphone...Tablets...Netbooks...and Phablets...that supposedly is the future...the next decade will see a Dramatic Decline in Traditional Brick and Mortar Stores. This is something most of us are aware of...and I'm sure will affect the Security Vendors as well. I keep hearing Bob Dylan's The Times They Are A Changin in my Memory Bank. Now! I'd like to hear from my Fellow Forum Members...as too their impressions on Discounts and whether if they have any Relevance in Your Day to Day Online Life. Happy Shopping...Sincerely...Securon

4. jjc225

jjc225 Registered Member

5. Securon

Good Morning! Another update available on Black Friday from the CBC...The National Retail Federation released the disappointing results Sunday, estimating total spending for the weekend was down 11 per cent to $50.9 billion US from an $57.4 billion last year.There were fewer shoppers as well, a 5.2 per cent drop to 133.7 million people over the four-day holiday weekend for U.S. Thanksgiving.Now retailers are hoping Cyber Monday may help make up part of the shortfall, with online discounts expected to lure shoppers today.So far, holiday shoppers have spent $22.7-billion online this season, up 15 per cent from a year earlier, according to ComScore Inc. That includes more than $1.5-billion on Black Friday.But Black Friday has been considered a key to a successful holiday season in U.S. retail and this year’s slower sales mean they’ll have to step up efforts to encourage spending in the rest of the month.This is the second year that Black Friday shopping has fallen short of expectations. Last year, retailers were cutting prices in the weeks before Christmas in an effort to kickstart holiday spending. A fair synopsis of the Market. None of it terribly surprising. What with Oil prices tumbling...my own Impression is the Cash Challenged Consumer will keep the Savings Closer to the Home Front...and not in their Gas Tank. Sincerely...Securon

6. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

One piece of analysis I read stated the economy is improving for some people so there is less of a need to shop for discounts.

7. Mayahana

Mayahana Banned

That, and maybe people are realizing that the deals aren't really all that good? Or that the crowds and hassles aren't worth the risk? Cybermonday is far far better for deals, and hassle free shopping so it's likely some of the biz being lost on black friday is being shifted to Cybermonday. That, and the improving economy.. For me I could care less about saying a couple dollars, it's all about time/effort/ convenience for me now with pricing priorities further down the list. (still important, but less so)

8. Securon

Good Afternoon! I did a Followup...with Most of the Major Vendors of Security Software...and was generally disappointed at the lack of any meaningful offers...in comparison too previous Black Friday... Cyber Monday Sales. If world economies continue to be Lacklustre, Savings and Sales will be an ongoing Ocurrance. Sincerely...Securon

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.