Black Diamond

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by libbo1, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. libbo1

libbo1 Registered Member

Like ordering from a Mexican menu on your 1st visit, it can be confusing. Same with a new browser like Firebird. Thus BlackDiamond! Link>

http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Quack/f47fa2ad.png

Black Diamond is a Moz.org project to create a distrubution of Mozilla Firebird with many of the popular extentions added. I comes as a self-extracting zip file. No need for plugins with this Mozilla Firebird 0.7 package. It does a registry search for all available plugins. Pre-installed is a popular theme (ie skin) and 7 or so of the most popular 'extensions' like tabbed browsing, a must have for moderators jumping from post to post! (i think there are about 114 available).

Just d/l and unzip! Enable all Java applets (under tools>options). See the following for a link to the main Firebird site for more helpful links!

http://members.cox.net/libbo1/bird.gif

Shed urself of the security issues related to IE, and enjoy da RAW SPEED!!!!!

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I just downloaded black diamond and it seems to work better than regular firebird. (could be my imagination). But I could't get some plugins to install on regular firebird but they seem to work on the black diamond version
    o_O

3. libbo1

libbo1 Registered Member

Yup. BD is a Nov 7th build and will stay so till its updated. If u d/l FB zip u get the most recent nighlty build (unless u dig deeper and select an older build).

I think the BD version got lucky . . . the forum werd is that it is a favorite right now for stability.