Black Diamond

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by libbo1, Nov 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. libbo1

libbo1 Registered Member

Like ordering from a Mexican menu on your 1st visit, it can be confusing. Same with a new browser like Firebird. Thus BlackDiamond! Link>

http://volcano.photobucket.com/albums/v11/Quack/f47fa2ad.png

Black Diamond is a Moz.org project to create a distrubution of Mozilla Firebird with many of the popular extentions added. I comes as a self-extracting zip file. No need for plugins with this Mozilla Firebird 0.7 package. It does a registry search for all available plugins. Pre-installed is a popular theme (ie skin) and 7 or so of the most popular 'extensions' like tabbed browsing, a must have for moderators jumping from post to post! (i think there are about 114 available).

Just d/l and unzip! Enable all Java applets (under tools>options). See the following for a link to the main Firebird site for more helpful links!

http://members.cox.net/libbo1/bird.gif

Shed urself of the security issues related to IE, and enjoy da RAW SPEED!!!!!

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I just downloaded black diamond and it seems to work better than regular firebird. (could be my imagination). But I could't get some plugins to install on regular firebird but they seem to work on the black diamond version
    o_O

3. libbo1

libbo1 Registered Member

Yup. BD is a Nov 7th build and will stay so till its updated. If u d/l FB zip u get the most recent nighlty build (unless u dig deeper and select an older build).

I think the BD version got lucky . . . the forum werd is that it is a favorite right now for stability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.