BKAV Anti-Virus (Anyone Tried It?)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by petev1975, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petev1975

petev1975 Registered Member

I stumbled onto these guys while reading about the recent Security Breach virus. The Confincker Worm. Here is the TG Daily Article.

http://www.tgdaily.com/html_tmp/content-view-41883-108.html

Here is a CNET article about these guys. They are a Vietnamese Antivir Company.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10109507-1.html

Snipets from the article:

"It's common for antivirus software to remove a threat by literally removing/quarantining infected files. Technically, this is a fast way to write code that generally works well as long as the infected files are the viruses themselves.

This does, however, pose problems when the virus is sophisticated enough to add itself to a critical system file or replace the legitimate system file with a compromised version that also carries malicious commands. There is a new trend of viruses that do just that, and there are currently a few of them in the wild.

BKAV, by contrast, deals with each threat (and its variants) individually by dissecting its codes and meticulously countering exactly whatever it is the virus is designed to do.

Their effort results in two things: first, it's close to impossible for BKAV to register false detection. This is because once a threat is identified, BKAV goes deeper and scrutinizes the coding to find out exactly how it should be dealt with. This process at the same time verifies whether the detected threat is real. Second, BKAV is able to remove the malicious code without harming the system. Most of the time, you don't need to restart the computer for the cleaning to get done, either.
    "

I have Avira Antivir Classic on my laptop. I'm wondering if BKAV is worth deleting Avira Antivir to try it.

2. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Sounds more like an MBAM variant (specialized cleaner) than an AV.

3. IBK

IBK AV Expert

4. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

It's certainly interesting but I'd be cautious about relying upon it as a primary AV yet.Most likely it's definitions are tailored toward the asian marked,so personally I'd wait to see how it progresses before switching.It does seem promising though from what's been said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.