BitsDuJour?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bellgamin, Jun 26, 2020.

1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Is BitsDuJour on the up and up?

I bought a license for Revo Unistaller from them and all I got was an email message saying to send them a request by email in order to obtain registration information. I sent the request but have received no reply. So I went back to their website and clicked the "resend registration information" button. All that I got from that was a duplicate email repeating the requirement to send them an email request for registration information. So I sent another email & they didn't answer that one either.

I bought this via PayPal. I have bought lots of apps online but never before have I had this kind of foot dragging. I wonder--should I now open a dispute in PayPal's Resolution Center, or wait a few days before filing?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  2. Spartan

Spartan Registered Member

Thanks for the warning. I had them in my bookmarks but this doesn't look promising and is not the right way of doing things.

3. Surt

Surt Registered Member

I've been buying from BitsDuJour for years without problems, including Revo Pro Portable, by doing things the right way. I keep track of the latest deal via their RSS feed. Doing a quick search through my software purchases folder in TBird, I've used BDJ a promising fourteen times.

It's been since Nov. 2018 since I bought it using PayPal. I got one email from BDJ having the order number and payment details and the registration key to unlock the software. And a download link which directed to the regular download page on their web site. Procedures could have changed since then.

Did you try to report the issue through another channel like
    https://www.revouninstaller.com/support/ "Ask a question."
    or
    support@revouninstaller.com ?

Include the BDJ order number and the PayPal transaction number. In my PayPal receipt there was also a big old GUID number in the "description" column.

Hope you get it squared away as Revo Pro is worth it. Cheers.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

BitsDuJour finally answered my message & provided a registration number. No explanation or "sorry about that" was offered for the delay. I'll chalk it up to the Covid-19 situation and let the matter rest. However, when it comes to online purchases in general, I like what an old general said: "After the battle is won, clean your weapons and tighten your helmets."

5. Spartan

Spartan Registered Member

Indeed, thanks for sharing!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.