Bitdefender + WSA = system won't boot

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by kdcdq, Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

I tried adding Bitdefener AV+ to a Win7 x64 system that already had Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials on it. After installing Bitdefender, my system would not complete the boot process; the desktop icons appeared and I could move the mouse but that was it. :ouch:

Has anyone else had similar problems trying to run these two products at the same time?

2. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

Yeah I had this problem too. I solved it by un-installing BitDefender then ranting on their forums :p lol.

BD has heaps of compatibility issues :)

3. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

Thanks, Duradel, for letting me know that someone else also has seen that BD and WSA don't get along....:(

4. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

Has anyone else tried a Bitdefender-based AV (like Bullguard, for example) with WSA and had any luck getting the two to coexisto_Oo_O

5. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

Still trying to find out if anyone is running any "flavor" of BitDefender (or it's engine) successfully with WSA....:p

6. Jeroen1000

Jeroen1000 Registered Member

My system freezes whenever the firewall is required to take action (I.E display a dialogue to allow or block a program). I believe the techfox (sorry for probably getting your name wrong:D ) said that you should take a look at System tools > System controls > Control active processes and check out which are being monitored by WSA.

For now it _seems_ this has worked for me. Perhaps it is worth a try?

7. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

It would probably be worth keeping WSA on the default firewall settings if you have BitDefender installed as that will ensure the best chance of compatibility.

8. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

I hope to try and get Bullguard and WSA to cohabitate in the next week or so...;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.