Bitdefender says PSI and ASC are security softs?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by woomera, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woomera

woomera Registered Member

so i tried to get a support from bitdefender team with an issue i had with my AV and they said i have to uninstall Secuna PSI and IObit Advance System Care so get the full benefit of bitdefender AV since security programs might cause conflicts!

well i got to say, i never knew those 2 are considered security softwares... anyone else feel the same way? :)

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

If by security application, they mean an application that checks your system for out dated applications, then I suppose they're right, because you'll reduce your attack vectors.

But, security application in the strict sense of the word? I'd say no.

Does BitDefender AV have a similar functionality? That may be why it says it will conflict.

3. allexif

allexif Registered Member

As far as I know Advanced System Care has an antimalware engine I think that is the problem...

4. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Bitdefender support team will always be same. According to them every other software can conflict with their soft. Please follow their instructions and I am sure your problem won't be solved (That's not my wish but that happens).
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=272663

5. woomera

woomera Registered Member

i didnt know ASC has anti malware engine in it o_O

yes i have noticed that. before bitdefender i had GDATA and Trustport installed and both of them in my contacts with them always mentioned this as "Its better if you remove other security programs" but i dont think these guys will even reply to my ticket if i dont remove those first...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.