Bitdefender Rescue CD - New Version?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TheKid7, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Today I noticed that there is a Bitdefender Rescue CD ISO (dated March 25, 2013). The size of the ISO is about 100 MB larger than previous ISO's. I downloaded and booted the larger ISO, and I cannot see any differences in the GUI. Bitdefender once again changed my Window's clock to UTC time. I don't know why Bitdefender changes the Window's clock to UTC time.

When I restarted the PC using the Bitdefender Rescue CD Restart, the Restart failed and gave an error about failing the operation and it stopped at a login screen. So pressed the Reset Button.

The Version shown in the Bitdefender Rescue CD Scanner is:

AVCore v2.1...11.0.1.6 (Jan 23, 2013).
    Signatures 9337716

Is this a new version of the Bitdefender Rescue CD? I am not sure.

2. nine9s

nine9s Registered Member

Sidenote question: Does Bitdefender rescue cd allow you to do a scan only, with no action, just a log of anything found?

3. TheKid7

I think that I have never done a full scan since I know that my PC's are clean. I just keep the Bitdefender Rescue CD available in case someone needs help with their Infected PC.

I have read that the Bitdefender Rescue CD does the complete scan without taking any action. I have read that at the end of the scan you are given options of what, if any, actions are to be taken.

4. nine9s

nine9s Registered Member

Thanks. Anyone confirm who has used it?

5. anon

anon Registered Member

6. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

7. TheKid7

There is a Bitdefender Rescue CD ISO dated September 20, 2013 available now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.