Bitdefender Rescue CD ISO Update

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by TheKid7, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Bitdefender has updated their Bitdefender Rescue CD ISO (January 18, 2012)(380 MB).

I booted the ISO and noticed that they have a different background than before. I did not try to find out if there is an updated scan engine. I assume that their scan engine has been updated. I wish that I had an infected PC so that I could give it a try.

The only thing that bothered me is that the Bitdefender Rescue CD had caused my Windows XP Pro clock to change from CST (Central Standard Time) to plus 6 hours (I assume that during the AV signature update process that my clock was changed to Romania Time.).

Has anyone given the new Bitdefender Rescue CD a try?

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

I tried it as part of SARDU, but it seemed to freeze at the animated loading screen before it would get to the scanner. I believe it reset the clock on that PC as well.

3. TheKid7

I checked the Bitdefender Rescue CD again and noticed that it does not support wireless networking.

Most of the Antivirus Rescue CD's do not support wireless. Does anyone have a list of which Antivirus Rescue CD's support wireless? I know that the current GData Rescue CD now supports wireless, but you need a valid license key with that version in order to get malware signature updates.

4. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Are you sure? The last Bitdefender rescue CD was the only one I could get to see our wireless network and connect to it.

5. TheKid7

Actually I have only a "wired" network. I browsed through the menu and looked at the wired connection symbol in the lower right tray. I just "assumed" that since I saw no mention of an option for manually setting up a wireless connection that the feature was not supported.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.