Bitdefender IS 2013

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tomdy2k, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomdy2k

tomdy2k Registered Member

I'm doing the trial..Has anyone bought this yet?..If so how do you like it?:D

2. Geo888

Geo888 Registered Member

I've just bought Bitdefender Total Security 2013 after trying it for 2 weeks. I must say that it's mind blowing.

I've used in the past security suits as Kaspersky, Avira, Norton, BullGuard and i must that they are way behind this product. Very light on the system, superb virus detection and has tons of other very useful features as Parental Control, USB Immunizer, Safepay or Antitheft.

I love it. Really do.

3. Amin

Amin Registered Member

I confirm.:thumb:

4. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  5. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Does it still take up like 1 GB of disk space?

6. Amin

Amin Registered Member

I don't think so, but i remember the first time i installed the beta via the online installer , first it copied installaion files and then began installing it and at first i thought it occupied about 1 gb. but wrong !! if we substract the installation files from total size it would be something about 600 mb or less

Regards,
    Amin

7. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Thank you.

8. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Thx for the deals. Anything for Bitdefender Total Security?

9. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Some good deals here for the 2012 versions; http://store.downloadcrew.com/index.php

You can then update to the latest version.

10. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

11. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

Still doesn't play nice with Ad Muncher.....and instead of fixing the issue, their "brilliant" tech support adviced to un-install Ad Muncher and try *another* ad blocking program/plug-in.

Simply pathetic.

12. tomdy2k

tomdy2k Registered Member

I tried the total Security but the bitdefender console kept freezing up..the Internet security is working great though!!:)

13. Lucius

Lucius Registered Member

Hey!

How ad muncher doesn't play nice with BD?
    I have zero problems with ad muncher and BD.. o_O

14. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

15. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i have mixed feelings. i did use it through the beta and i do like it. BUT i seem to actually have more crashes and more issues with the final than i did during the beta lol. and yes it does take up a huge amount of disk space no matter how you look at it installation files or not its still part of bitdefender. and if it ends up like 2012 or prior after a number of updates that amount keeps increasing.

i also dont like the auto pilot for me. its to little interaction. even for some of my clients that would not know much about a av i still think its to little. but in manual mode its chatty.

overall i like it and i do think it offers good protection and even almost TO much meaning to sensitive protection. i have had it detect some things no other av did at all and i know for a fact are fp's which for me has always been a small issue with bd. if there could be some inbetween auto and full on manual i would prob give it a much better review. its a great program for someone who wants literally to never hear from their av again, but if it detects and auto deletes a fp you could be in trouble since it is in auto mode you would have no idea till its to late. i also agree it is far lighter than 2012 was and previous but for sure not as light as some others out there kind of middle ground there but good overall.

16. Birdman

Birdman Registered Member

An update + reboot resolved the Ad Muncher issue for me. However I've noticed a bit of slowdown on the internet (page loading) compared to when I had NIS 2012 installed.

Are there any recommended SETTINGS modifications for Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 to help speed up web browsing? I've tried disabling Anti-phishing but I get an alert that it needs to be enabled.

Suggstions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.