Bitdefender free 7.2 reboots

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by optigrab, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

I've used Bitdefender free 7.1 for months without trouble. Now I have installed Bitdefender free 7.2 and find a peculiarity that is driving me a bit batty.

Nearly every time the definitions are updated, Bitdefender insists on a system reboot with a dialog-box prompt. This is strange and annoying. Version 7.1 would simply shut down and restart Bitdefender without hassle.

Has anyone else had this experience, or can someone advise how to alter this behavior? If it is a normal feature of v7.2, I think I'll be happier w/ v7.1.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am running xp pro with BD 7.2 free and after I update it just restarts BD. It is the same as 7.1

Last edited: Apr 17, 2004
  3. Jerry666

Jerry666 Registered Member

what advantage to updating to 7.2 . i'm still running 7.1 are there many signifigant improvements , or am i safe with 7.1 .
    thanks

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

There is an engine update in 7.2 and a few other minor changes. If at all possible I would try to use 7.2 because of the scan engine update.

bigc

5. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

I have noticed no obvious differences in ver. 7.2, with the exception of the LiveUpdate issue I've described above. BTW, the issue is mentioned in the help file:

"Note It may be necessary to restart the computer when you have completed the update. To reduce that possibility, we recommend that you close all BitDefender active modules. However, if the restart of the system is required, we recommend doing it as soon as possible."

OTOH, the reboot requests are coming less frequently now, and I am satisfied enough to stick with ver. 7.2 for what I assume are worthwhile component improvements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.