Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013 - Deal

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by De Hollander, Jan 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Some say Yes some say No. On some systems it's light, on others not so much apparently. I guess the only way to find out if it works fine for you is to install it and see how it goes. :)

2. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Your quite right. To be honest i was just dazzled by the price ( greedy ) When my avira runs out, I will probably stick with a freebie, as I use sandboxie and appguard.
    I did email them about the activation start time, i will post back if they reply. Cheers

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

I guess that you could always install Bitdefender FREE along Sandboxie and Appguard if you want to. So you could still use BD, but for Free. :)

And many users say that the Free version is light, and I guess that's mostly because it's fully? cloud based. While the other BD editions has local stuff too.

4. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Thanks, that's another idea :)

I just received an email, for anyone interested, from store.majorgeeks, saying
    " You can buy in advance, yes, then activate later. "
    I would imagine that if the offer had ended, you would need the extended download insurance £2.48 in UK , still an absolute bargain for anyone interested :thumb:

5. subferno

subferno Registered Member

I installed the BitDefender Total Security package and it dragged my system like crazy. Just waiting for a folder to expand on my START menu took forever. I uninstalled that and just installed the regular Antivirus and it worked fine. No noticeable difference from what I was using before, Avira.

I have no idea what in Total Security caused such sluggishness.

6. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

It might be reading all the files on your system.

I noticed the same thing when first installing it and after a restart I didn't have the problem ever since.

7. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.