Bitdefender Antivirus Free - English GUI

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

That's pretty weird, but ok. Might as well try it... thanks. :)

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Ok, tried it. Nope... didn't work.

3. internet addict

internet addict Registered Member

Yep. It was I who said that. :thumb:

It did work but still having troubles. Working for me now. Tomorrow probably will be a different story.

4. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

The log button is hit or miss with me, but it's not enough of a problem for me to switch AVs.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

You'd think something as simple as a click in the GUI would work right... pretty quirky...

6. internet addict

True. Doesn't detract from the effectiveness.

7. aztony

aztony Registered Member

Today after starting pc, windows did an update which included the malicious software removal tool. After reboot, BD failed to start. Virus Shield was OFF, I couldn't change the status in the GUI, and exiting the program and reloading from the start menu didn't help. I needed to reboot to get it going again. Has anyone else experienced this?

8. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Sorry it didn't work. Strange, I had this problem on a win7 64 and win7 32 machine and the logging off and back on again worked. That was about 1 month ago.

Ice

9. ance

ance formerly: fmon

+1 :thumbd:

Furthermore the LOGS button doesn't work again. I like Bitdefender but I think it's still a beta version. :(

10. aztony

aztony Registered Member

So far I haven't had the Logs tab issue, but I am concerned that MS malicious software removal tool could, apparently, disable the AV.

11. internet addict

I see Bitdefender released their free antivirus for Android. I just wish they offered the real-time protection for web surfing.

12. IceCube1010

Very low impact on performance and battery drain. I think it's a great AV for the android. It doesn't have web surfing protection but I can live without that on my android. I don't do to much surfing and if something strange tries to install itself, bitdefender has got your back.

Ice

13. internet addict

Perhaps I'll try it out. Currently I'm using Avast on my Nexus 7.

14. internet addict

Also what I wanted to mention is Bitdefender shows Adobe Flash Player as infected. I did an on-demand scan and said there was around 70 infected items. Is this true?

15. SweX

SweX Registered Member

1. where from did you download the Adobe Flash Player, one should only download it from adobe.com or other known secure sources. Or else you may end up with a fake version.

2. Impossible to say, you say "70 infected items" perhaps you could post a bit of your scan log so we can see file paths, detection names etc...

Edit: but if your previous scans have showed that you are "clean" as in zero infections, and then it shows 70 infections just like that, where did they come from, did you download anything, browsed some new websites, connected an USB that was infected etc etc... You can also scan with other scanners like MBAM and/or HitmanPro to see what they have to say.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  16. internet addict

Each time I do an on-demand scan with BD Free it says 61 items have been detected and disinfected. I downloaded the file directly from Adobe. I did a scan twice with MBAM and both times it told me no malicious items were found.

Another thing that is weird is whenever I think I'm getting the 64-bit version, it downloads the 32-bit one instead.

17. internet addict

I'd like to make a suggestion. Have an option to let users remove messages from BD Free after they've already seen it. For example the 'BD Free now for Android' message.

18. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

When are you seeing that? Is this something new? Messages in the GUI? Ads maybe? I'm not running it at the moment, so I don't know.....

19. IceCube1010

That message disappeared after 24hrs.

Ice

20. internet addict

Yep. But it would be nice to have the option to hide or remove them immediately. Just a minor complaint.

21. ronald739

ronald739 Registered Member

I still have the same problem on Win 7 64 bit the Bitdefender Service has become unresponsive it is recommended that you restart your machine now. After a restart the problem is still there.

This only happened after the latest Windows updates.

22. aztony

aztony Registered Member

I'm running BD on an XP box 32 bit. I suspect that in my case when the malicious software removal tool ran upon restart after windows updated it somehow disabled the AV. Another possibility is that BD will not run with another AV present. Only one other person besides you responded when I mentioned it. So I don't know how pervasive the problem is.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  23. Jaska

Jaska Registered Member

No problems this far. Yestrday I saw the first ad. but it disappeared. I considered a while to change Qihoo 360 but all the messages about spying were too frightening. A couple aof days ago I saw yha product update button and rebooted. No visible change.
    I tested BDAV free with apackage of 700 malöware. After unzipping BD cleaned 690, anf I am not sure if the rest 10 were malware at all. Very fine product and I love the lightness.

24. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Someone once commented that BD has great detection, but it's always somewhat buggy. I'm inclined to agree....

25. zip

zip Registered Member

Today I took my lappy with me to do some work. I closed the lid and put the lappy in my backpack. When I got to the Library and unpacked and opened the lid of my lappy it was frozen, I had to uninstall BD and install avast!

BD free is BETA!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.