Bitdefender Antivirus Free - English GUI

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

It was looking really good until I read about removing MBAM.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Not a big deal - you will be able to reinstall it after installing BitDefender.

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Yes that's unacceptable. Some of the software I use gets classified as PUPs by some av software. To have it deleted is a deal breaker for me.

Also, I will not use an av software unless it provides the option to prompt you what action you want to take when a potential threat is found.

For now, I think Roboscan is a much better option - and it should be lighter too.

4. Iulika0069

Iulika0069 AV Expert

Re: Huge Security Issue w/ Registration

I have forwarded this message to the team responsable for myBD

5. Iulika0069

Iulika0069 AV Expert

We are seriously taken into consideration all the feedback regarding quar&exclude modules

6. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

Here is a good way to still keep it very simple and have the "Auto-Pilot" feature at the same time.
    • First, keep Auto-Pilot feature just as it is where the only decision is to block and delete.
    • Make sure that EVERY time a bock and delete action is performed that a copy of this file is ALWAYS put in quarantine.
    • Lastly, you would go to "Logs > Quarantined Files" from the main GUI where you would have the options to: a) delete permanently, b) restore only in situation of corrected false positive, or c) restore and exclude for example in the case of PUP's.
    All could be controlled from the quarantine log unobtrusively without changing any of the "Auto-Pilot" or simplicity that you want to keep in this product. The average user would probably not even realize these features would be there unless a situation raised itself where they may need them. All functionality of the product otherwise would remain exactly the same. How many "average users" do you know that ever look at logs?

7. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Auto Scan also has to be adjusted a bit. Because when it decides to scan it won't stop even if you start using a computer. And if you have a massive 2TB drive, it will take forever grinding the system...

8. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

Thanks Bitdefender! I hope they continue to develop it in future and take into account the concerns of the very experienced AV users @wilders.

9. Iulika0069

Iulika0069 AV Expert

Are you sure u're not from the Gonzales team? :cool:
    Yeap, this will be 90%+ of the solution

10. Iulika0069

Iulika0069 AV Expert

I explain earlier that this is the difference between BD and any other AVs: is start and stop at a level (fraction of a second) that you simply cannot sense that it's there, performing a full system scan! :d

11. Iulika0069

Iulika0069 AV Expert

Regarding the "quarantine" - this is again a different approach than the classic AVs: the files are not moved or copied to a "safe location" :gack:, but rather locked in their current location by the BD file system driver
    This means that you can "quarantine" even extremely large files ;), you don't consume extra hdd space, easier quarantine management, and more..
    Now, with the new modifications, let's see if we can manage to preserve these advantages..

12. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Nice, will be keeping an eye on the next release!:thumb:

13. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Bitdefender Antivirus Free

I hope BD will use the Feedback of this Thread to improve their Free AV...:doubt:

I will test it again IF/When improvements take place...:doubt:

14. Iulika0069

Iulika0069 AV Expert

It is fixed now!

15. edwardmax2010

edwardmax2010 Registered Member

Thanks. That would be grateful. ;)

16. waters

waters Registered Member

Great,that was quick

17. Sprocket

Sprocket Registered Member

Thank you. MyBD has other serious issues - I just logged in and I see someone else's device registered in my account. My device is there, but so is someone else's. I also see software listed that I did not download (including a software license key for a product I did not buy).

Feel free to forward this to the myBD team - they have more work to do before they gain my trust.

18. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Re: Bitdefender Antivirus Free

totally agree. It is nice to see all here, welcoming those from Bitdefender.;)

But this is a great place to work together to make this great product even better.

19. Iulika0069

Iulika0069 AV Expert

@Sprocket: This is also fixed.

20. Sprocket

Sprocket Registered Member

Unfortunately it is not. I just checked, and someone else's device (which has 349 days left on its subscription) is registered in my account. There is also an Android Mobile Security evaluation that I didn't download (I don't have any Android devices) that is due to expire in 14 days.

Maybe while I was able to log into other people's accounts, someone inadvertently logged into mine and registered their device - it's a relatively new subscription, which means a recent purchase, so the timing might fit.

(If this happened to my account, how many other accounts did it happen to? The myBD team has some cleanup work ahead of them.)

21. dansorin

dansorin Registered Member

now that's embarrassing.

22. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Does that mean this program is going to morph/change into a paid program at some point?

23. Iulika0069

Iulika0069 AV Expert

@Sprocket: I sent your comment to myBD team

24. rinem

rinem Registered Member

Wow this thing is really really light! Working nice here on Win8 64bit. How do you get the latest version? Autoupdate or manual download?
    Thx

25. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Best Christmas gift I have gotten in quite a few years.:blink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.