Bitdefender Antivirus Free - English GUI

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Dec 23, 2012.

1. DrBenGolfing

DrBenGolfing Registered Member

myBitdefender.com was hacked - those post plainly show that. Mman just wants to pretend it didn't happen. If my financial info was on their site, I'd get it off like last month.
    CSRF attack : https://my.bitdefender.com/en_us/my/#page=account.index hacker is able to perform CSRF attack to change the details on the user's profile.CSRF tokens aren't implemented and password isn't required to change information on the profile.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  2. rinem

rinem Registered Member

Any news?

3. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

That can happen without being hacked, sorry. Sometimes that's just the result of a major f-up. If it was hacked, it was hacked.

@DrBenGolfing: 1. I was referring to the fact that you simply listed vulnerabilities in your post and you offered no proof or link stating that the forums had indeed been hacked. 2. Drop the 'tude, dude.

4. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

The news is I think they stopped showing up here, lol.

5. DrBenGolfing

I'd feel a lot better is some of the Bitdefender suits were saying, "We haven't been hacked." I take it you voted "yes" in my "have you ever blindly defended your av" poll. You've gone from its never been hacked, to if its been hacked, its been hacked.

6. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

This has more suspense than the Comodo forums! :argh:

Ice

7. Romagnolo1973

Romagnolo1973 Registered Member

:D
    impossible !!!

8. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

No, I didn't vote yes because I'm not so stupid and blind to think vendors are perfect nor am I a fanboy. I've not changed my view on anything, it's simply that you've yet again (and like a few here in these forums) read what you want to read and turn quotes and posts into something other than what they are. I'm not going to sit here and repeat everything over again because if you aren't able to understand when you're not being talked to (the post in which I said if it was hacked then whatever), and when you're being asked to back up a claim with proof (your old post about vulnerabilities not meaning there was an actual hack), then someone else can help you with flash cards.

@IceCube1010: No, it's just another day at Wilders. There are two Wilders syndromes. One syndrome causes you to be paranoid after a few months of reading the "latest and greatest" threats posted here. The other includes symptoms such as pervasive trolling, not being able to read or comprehend and just basically turns someone into an a**hat. Both diseases can be entertaining at times, one has a cure, one is quite capable of dragging you down into the same cesspool said trolls and a**hats inhabit if you're not careful. With that in mind, I've said my peace, made the only point I've ever tried to make..again..and there's no point in talking to walls. So, let's all enjoy or not enjoy BD Free and I'm going to meander on to the other sections, lol.

P.S, absolutely nothing compares to the shenanigans that can occur at any moment at the Comodo forums, not even 4Chan :D

9. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

It certainly isn't one of their priorities.... :)

10. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Not the 1st rep that can't handle the questions being asked about their software.

Some reps get their marching orders as well.

Reps just can't come to Wilders & act like teachers all the time. They must learn from the members of the most intelligent security forums as well.

Sometimes the teacher, sometimes the student. Some reps & or companies can't deal.

11. IceCube1010

IceCube1010 Registered Member

Just curious, but when did Bitdefenders website get hacked? The reason I'm asking is that on Jan 25th my account was messed up and it didn't allow me to connect to the cloud. My AV protection was off, which is concerning. I have this AV on 3 pc's and all of them could not connect. Once I went into my email and selected the url there, it fixed the issue.

Ice

12. internet addict

internet addict Registered Member

That kind of makes me leery of using it. What good is the program if you need to register for an account and the site gets hacked every so often rendering the protection useless.

13. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

14. DrBenGolfing

The date should be in that e-hacker article and I think it was in Jan. Bit defender website has been hacked several times over the past four years. You can Google that and see all the dates and what was compromised.

15. DrBenGolfing

Hey don't like the e-hacker article? Take it up with them, I just posted the article. Bty--there WAS a hack--everyone else here can understand that's exactly what the article said. And, its one of several times Bitdefender has been hacked the past few years. Living in reality causes problems for some people.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  16. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

Not only BitDefender website, BitDefender software itself has funny vulnerabilities :shifty:
    still a good av, but in a clay pot.

17. Iulika0069

Iulika0069 AV Expert

I'll just copy here what myBD engineers told me:

"We released an update on Monday (4 Feb 2013) that fixes the XSS issues on the website. Without XSS it is not possible to conduct a CSRF attack on MyBitdefender as the attacker cannot get the authentication token and it is not read server side from the cookies.

Thank you for the warning and we assure you that we are focused on the security of the MyBitdefender portal and our users' private data."

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=2184891

18. Iulika0069

Iulika0069 AV Expert

Last tests are conducted at this time, if nothing major will come up, we'll release the update today!
    I'll get back with the full changelog..

19. Malware fighter

Malware fighter Registered Member

That would be great !

20. edwardmax2010

edwardmax2010 Registered Member

Thanks for the great news! :D Can't wait to try it.

I'm sorry if I'm dumb but does BDAV free works on Windows 8 32-bit?

21. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

@Iulika0069
    That's great. Waiting for the changelog.:D

22. Gandalf_The_Grey

Gandalf_The_Grey Registered Member

yes it does.
    @Iulika0069 Great news and looking forward to the changelog :thumb:

23. Technic

Technic Registered Member

24. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 Registered Member

677 days antivirus plus key is already blacklisted so don't rely too much on this.if there are too many registrations/activations of these 3-4 keys then most likely they will be blacklisted too.

25. AVusah

AVusah Registered Member

It seems like they're blocking new activations, but the keys themselves still work. I activated the 677 shortly after the link was posted and it's still working.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.